Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Tom Cleverly would be a **** brilliant signing you fools.

That depends massively on the fee and wages.

So he isn't United class, he is still a good player.

Yeah but we need wide players / attacking midfielders.

Go watch a game for yourselves you sheep.

Yawny yawn yawn.

He is an attacking midfielder as demonstrated at Wigan and Watford, he has goals in him.

Cleverley isn't as bad as some people make out, it just seems a bit fashionable to knock him. If it goes ahead I guess he's going to be the alternative to the Ki transfer. If we get him for under 4 million I think it'll turn out to be a real bargain.

Cleverley would walk into our team but I didn't think we could afford him either wages or fee! Have we more money than we think? A 9am presser could have been a way of clearing out the press early so we can do business in peace? We still need more though!

He is an attacking midfielder as demonstrated at Wigan and Watford, he has goals in him.

He's an attacking midfielder who's never played an attacking role in the premier league though.

Plenty of players score in the lower leagues. Maybe (hopefully) you're right and his poor creative record at this level is down to him told not to go forward rather than his ability.

I've never seen him play AMF so I'm gonna cling to the thought that he has been playing out of position for Utd and will look better in a more advanced role because he has been crap playing in CMF whenever I've watched him.  He's only 23 so hopefully he proves me and other people wrong.

• Like 1

He's an attacking midfielder who's never played an attacking role in the premier league though.

Plenty of players score in the lower leagues. Maybe (hopefully) you're right and his poor creative record at this level is down to him told not to go forward rather than his ability.

He played in the AM role for Wigan under Martinez in the PL.

He's only 23 so hopefully he proves me and other people wrong.

He's 25.

played in the AM role for Wigan under Martinez in the PL.

Good call. I forgot about that completely.

Although in his time there he played 25 games and got 2 assists.

• Like 1

Probably nothing. 

My recommendation would be Teofilo Gutierrez nonetheless. Available for just under 10m usd. Absolutely demolishing the scene with River Plate in Argentina at the start of the season. With Carlos Sanchez you have the pull to get him over here. But it wouldn't even happen if we had the time. We won't put out the money to invest in a top goalscorer. We're going to be screwed over with some mediocre has been from the championship. 

but he is an absolute nutjob :)

think Cleverley would be a smart signing for us and would help us keep the ball better. He is just not United class but he isnt a bad player

double swoop for him and Welbeck and we would be a lot stronger

At the moment I think a striker (preferably on loan) is a bigger priority than an attacking midfielder. We are creating chances, our fit strikers are just poor.

Are we? We managed a few against orient but we didn't against premiership opposition.

Don't know about Stoke but we certainly created a fair few chances against Newcastle but had the same problem - no one to convert them.

• Like 1

Cleverley would be OK. We're probably about the right sort of level for him. I don't know how creative he is in all honesty but he's capable of scoring if played in the right way. 

I suppose my slight disappointment if this came true is that Lambert has always been quite creative and successful with his £3m+ signings from abroad. I would assume Cleverley would be at least £6m owing to the English premium and I just wonder whether there wouldn;t be better playrs available in that bracket from abroad. I would confess to not knowing who they are, but Lambert often does. Perhaps he wouldn't want to be potentially playing 2 out 3 CM's with no Prem experience...