Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Can't Kiyotake leave for very, very cheap since they got relegated?

He has been awful everytime I have watched hm in bundesliga games. Whats all the fuss about??

• Like 2

Can't Kiyotake leave for very, very cheap since they got relegated?

He has been awful everytime I have watched hm in bundesliga games. Whats all the fuss about??

oh we love a " pig in a poke" at B6

I would have thought that the Joe Cole signing would have put an end to the Kiyotake rumours. Would we be likely to sign two players for that same position, when we have gone two years without signing one? I know as fans we would like to say yes and it would probably be sensible given JC's age and potential injury problems, but in reality with the cutting of costs going on at the club pending the sale, I can't see us doing this. Also, as the player has been built up so much over the last 12-16 months, he can only fail to live up to the expectations placed on him by us fans.

If we are looking at 2-3 signings, then I think it will probably be a defender and a forward assuming we don't lose any players like Vlaar or Delph before the end of the window. The defender I see being a LB, as we saw at the end of last season that Lambert doesn't trust either Bennett or Luna. The forward will be someone who can come in short term to cover Benteke while he is still injured assuming Helenius is not going to get a chance. Other than that, I can't see any major changes unless we get taken over and some major funds become available.

I reckon we will. Even though Randy's selling and it appears a deal isn't imminent, I can't believe that he wouldn't want to spend a (relatively) small amount to keep his investment in this league. Maybe 5 or 6 million will be made available, and Lambert will just being in frees and spend that money on one player. Keane did say "maybe 1 or 2 more players on the next few months" also, so we know our business isn't done.

and you all think J Cole will suddenly last a full 38 game season?

We need someone younger in the position. If Kiyotake can be brought for a minimal amount. Start Cole and ease Kiyotake in. Worth a punt. Wages wont be high.

Does anybody think we will pay an actual fee for anyone?

Personally think we will get in 2 loans and that's it

I don't think Lambert would have stayed unless he got 10 million to spend. Surely Randy is not daft.... oh wait...

Lambert has said on Sky Sports Radio that he hopes to get a few more players in after the World Cup has finished so at least we should see some more new arrivals. 

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert says he'll wait until after the World Cup to make more additions to his squad but several new players will join the club.

Jermaine Jones is looking for a new club. He is 33 but we can probably offer him 2 years and he would fix our defensive midfield issues. Plus he brings some experience and he is also free.

It's quality not quantity we need

Then again we probably need to replace half the squad because some are bench players at best and not cut out for prem football week in week out