The Boring Thread

Spoony

On 25/10/2017 at 17:50, mjmooney said:

McVities have reduced the number of jaffa cakes in a packet from 12 to 10 (24 to 20 in the twin packs). 

This is wrong; I always eat jaffa cakes four at a time. Five is too many, three not enough. 

Therefore I will be boycotting the McVities version in future, and have embarked on a sampling project of various supermarkets' generic brands (all of which are still adhering to the correct 12/24 standard). 

So far, I have tried:

Aldi - slightly smoother, darker chocolate, more intense orange flavour - but also a tad smaller. 

Morrisons - somewhere between the McVities and the Aldi in style. Currently my leading contender. 

I have an unopened packet of Lidl JCs in the cupboard, next up for tasting. I will report back. 

Old thread but go to a Polish shop and get delicja ones. So much better and like 5 different flavours. Everyone who I introduce them to never go back.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Old thread but go to a Polish shop and get delicja ones. So much better and like 5 different flavours. Everyone who I introduce them to never go back.

I may well do that - although the '5 different flavours' sounds wrong, and triggers my innate jaffa cake traditionalism. 

Morrisons' economy JCs still currently leading the pack (pun intended). 

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I may well do that - although the '5 different flavours' sounds wrong, and triggers my innate jaffa cake traditionalism. 

Morrisons' economy JCs still currently leading the pack (pun intended). 

Trust me on this.

Bildergebnis für delicje

• Like 1

On 16/07/2018 at 15:27, StefanAVFC said:

What did I do if they discover I am not Polish though?

No, my social anxiety won't allow this at all.

On 16/07/2018 at 15:27, StefanAVFC said:

5 different flavours

On 16/07/2018 at 15:56, StefanAVFC said:

Trust me on this.

Bildergebnis für delicje

How can I trust a man who can't count? :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just received a “like” for a post I made 20 months ago (cheers to the VTer, they know who they are).

Possibly too boring for the “things you often wonder” thread. But what’s the longest delayed “like” people have had?

On 18/07/2018 at 19:40, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Sorry to break the news but I think Villa are short of cash.

We might have to sell some players. 

some posts age better than others

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/07/2018 at 22:42, Shropshire Lad said:

Just received a “like” for a post I made 20 months ago (cheers to the VTer, they know who they are).

Possibly too boring for the “things you often wonder” thread. But what’s the longest delayed “like” people have had?

My first ever post got a like the other day, so my record is just over 3 years now. 

Just at the self service picking up a bit of shopping, I notice a crisp £5 note in the receipt bin. 

Suddenly in a quandary whether to pocket it or hand it in. Or whether I’m being unwittingly taking part in some sort of social experiment. 

Anyway, I boringly handed it over to the shop assistant saying that I doubt anyone is gonna come looking for it, so the charity tin would be a good place for it to go.

For my actions, Villa to be promoted this season, please Karma.

Â