Jose Mourinho

TRO

Negative football hasn't paid off?

Chelsea lost the game when they brought Eto'o on and went more attacking.

Neville was saying how Mourinho had gone too attacking too soon. Had he had his usual level of patience and waited a bit longer they may have gotten a goal.

Instead, it was Atletico who say back and broke with pace and picked off Chelsea who were left stretched.

If you're looking for a game to prove that defensive football doesn't work, I'm afraid this game proves the opposite, imo

• Like 1

I'm not on about tonight's game. The fact they parked the bus in the first leg and didn't look for that away goal which is so important is the reason they went out. atletico were always likely to score.

Negative football hasn't paid off?

Chelsea lost the game when they brought Eto'o on and went more attacking.

Neville was saying how Mourinho had gone too attacking too soon. Had he had his usual level of patience and waited a bit longer they may have gotten a goal.

Instead, it was Atletico who say back and broke with pace and picked off Chelsea who were left stretched.

If you're looking for a game to prove that defensive football doesn't work, I'm afraid this game proves the opposite, imo

It wasn't about tonight. He was far too cautious in Madrid and parked the bus and seemed happy to get a 0-0.

They went out due to individual errors. A rare moment of switching off meant that the run of Juanfran wasn't tracked for Atléti's first and Eto'o made the error for the second which all but sealed the result. Had Chelsea gone in at 1-0, I think they would've then "parked two buses" and Atléti would've found it extremely difficult to break them down as they did in the first leg.

The thing with Atleti or at least this season is if you give them a chance, they'll take it. The best team won over two legs, should be a good final.

The problem with defending so much is it isn't often you will go a whole game without making a mistake or two, you're then relying on the other team not being able to capitalise.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

I don't think tactics had too much to do with this one. The best team won in my opinion.

I agree. Cant be the only thing that things tactics get overrated a lot in the media

• Like 1

As long as John Terry gets nothing I'm happy. "The Champions League owes John Terry something". **** off.

The only thing that the Champions League owes John Terry is a video of him missing the decisive penalty against United in Moscow.

Can Mourinho really sell Hazard? No good having Costa upfront if no one can slide a throughball to him given Chelsea's lack of creativity when Hazard is off form.

Willian has improved but is nowhere near his standard and Oscar's fatigue won't be improved by playing in the world cup.

There's talk of them watching Daehli at Cardiff aswell, is he even close to that level?!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2620214/Exclusive-Jose-Mourinho-lashes-players-half-time-bust-Stamford-Bridge.html

Jose Mourinho was involved in an amazing half-time bust-up with his players as Chelsea appeared to blow their last chance of winning the title by drawing 0-0 with Norwich.

Sportsmail can reveal that Mourinho, who stormed down the tunnel at half-time, blasted a number of players including Nemanja Matic and Mohamed Salah for their shocking performances in the opening 45 minutes. He later admitted the first-half display was ‘lazy’.

The meltdown came before Ashley Cole walked off the field in tears as he prepares to leave the club after eight years.

It is understood manager Mourinho told Matic he was having serious reservations about the decision to bring him back to Stamford Bridge in the January transfer window.

Egypt winger Salah, who was dragged off at  half-time, was told to make sure he returned for  pre-season ‘ready to be a footballer’.

Mourinho then stormed out of the dressing room and appeared in the dug-out a few minutes before the start of the second half, sitting alone until his players came out.

Chelsea declined to comment on Sunday night.

Despite the disappointment of dropping two points against relegation-threatened Norwich, the Chelsea squad still completed a lap of the field after the final whistle.

But it was all too much for Cole, 33, who has won a Premier League, Champions League and four FA Cups since his controversial move from Arsenal in 2006.

The left back was consoled by skipper John Terry as he wept. Cole’s contract is up this summer and the defender is expected to go.

Cole and Terry, together with Frank Lampard, who could also leave, acknowledged the Matthew Harding Stand at the end, fuelling speculation the trio, who have 1,609 Blues appearances between them, are finished at Chelsea.

However Mourinho, despite warning all three may have to wait before their futures are decided, believes they will stay.

‘Will they play at Stamford Bridge again? I think so, but the summer is a long summer for us,’ said the Portuguese.

‘For the players at the World Cup, it’s a different story. But for us, as a club, it’s a long time to be calm, to sit and discuss and analyse the market and possibilities. A long time.’

Mourinho admitted the season could have been better, adding: ‘We lost games where we had them under control but didn’t kill them and we were killed. But from day one, never in danger, never outside the top four or outside the title race.’

Mourinho is losing it IMO - he's alienating players (first Mata and now apparently Hazard, Oscar and Ramires) and his mind games are making him look incredibly stupid. His constant bitching about referees is also embarassing, with him being charged twice in as many weeks through churlish remarks.

I don't think Chelsea deserve the title and hope they don't win it - Mourinho has hardly been graceful in defeat this season, always blaming the referee or negative opposing tactics instead of his own teams (and his) failures during those matches.

When a team 'parks the bus' against Chelsea it's appalling, spoiling football but if Chelsea do it, it's a defensive tactical masterclass - the media are just as much to blame for blowing smoke up his arse and feeding his already hyperextended self importance.

Can't wait to see it all fail at Chelsea and him swan off to sunnier climes.

Â