Jose Mourinho

TRO

The Russian will want European success above all else this season, so if he doesn't deliver, maybe. As much of a word removed that he can be, he is a good manager for them, and he has presided over their more stable periods. 

Anyone else have a feeling Jose may not be in charge come the end of the season?

I think it's a bit early to be predicting that, although I'd say a fair amount rides on this weekend's visit to City. If he parks the bus and they lose 2- or 3-0 anyway then they'll be five points behind City after just two fixtures and he'll be looking like a dinosaur without a clue. If he gets a positive result, it'll change the record on what has been a bad week for them. 

The problem for Jose is that in the past, when he's picked on targets who plainly weren't guilty of whatever he was accusing them of, they were unsympathetic characters no-one gives a shit about, like referees and sports administrators. His own medical staff are different - one in particular is famously competent, well-liked by players and fans, and also pretty photogenic, so there's not much incentive for sports editors to remove her picture from the back pages. She and her partner were also very clearly doing their jobs, which have everything to do with helping the players (specifically in this case, the very same Hazard who he was recently heard moaning would get a serious injury because he doesn't get enough protection from referees) and nothing whatsoever to do with helping Chelsea win a football match. The alternative to them doing their jobs would have been sanction from the General Medical Council, which it turns out is even more important than Mourinho himself, who knew. Basically, his target this time is much more sympathetic than normal, and so clearly in the right that the story may run and run. 

Chelsea seem to have other problems too - they haven't strengthened at all over the summer, and there seem to be some arguments about signing players, with the club wanting him to do more with all these incredible youngsters they have sitting around unused. It's not much yet, but they need some positive results on the pitch to change the 'something rotten in the state of Chelsea' media narrative which is taking hold right now. 

His reaction at the time and afterwards was wrong but in the spur of the moment and from his point of view you can see why he was annoyed. She shouldn't have undermined him by posting on Facebook. I had a feeling it would have been resolved and forgotten about if she hadn't done that.

Another classic case of the damaging affects of social media.

I do normally agree with you HV, but I did have a little chortle at the idea that Mourinho would look like a dinosaur after 2 less than ideal results.

You're right, that was a ludicrous exaggeration!

A 'fool for 24 hours' maybe. 

Always been a huge fan of Jose and I've often defended him but I think he has made a mistake on this one.

I agree but she shouldn't have posted on Facebook though. The matter should have stayed internal.

Meh. He shouldn't have briefed the media against her in the first place. She's not the one who first brought this 'internal dispute' into the public domain, is she?

• Like 3

What did she post on facebook

She thanked people for supporting her.

Mourinho remains an immensely talented dickhead. He's tactically astute, but I hate this thing he has of creating controversy to cover up his team's flaws. In this latest case I can't understand why the whole conversation is about the medical team - who were waved on to the pitch by the ref, and therefore had to respond - and nobody's talking about the fact that the player must have been acting like it was a serious injury for the ref to bring on the medics. If Hazard wasn't play-acting the whole thing wouldn't have happened. It's also disappointing that the FA isn't taking a stronger stance on this matter, given that player safety has to be part of their remit.

Always been a huge fan of Jose and I've often defended him but I think he has made a mistake on this one.

I agree but she shouldn't have posted on Facebook though. The matter should have stayed internal.

Meh. He shouldn't have briefed the media against her in the first place. She's not the one who first brought this 'internal dispute' into the public domain, is she?

He didn't single her out though did he? He was angry with the whole team.

This is what he said (quote from telegraph website)

“I wasn't happy with my medical staff because even if you are a medical doctor or secretary on the bench, you have to understand the game,” said Chelsea manager Mourinho.

“If you go to the pitch to assist a player, then you must be sure that a player has a serious problem. I was sure that Eden didn't have a serious problem. He had a knock and was very tired.

“My medical department left me with eight fit outfield players in a counter attack after a set piece and we were worried we didn't have enough players left.”

With a player lying 'injured' and the referee asking her to come on to apply treatment Jose expected her to do what exactly?

TBH, I would not be surprised if the FA ask him to explain himself over this and potentially charge him with something. I also think that if she walked from Chelsea she'd have a very strong 'constructive dismissal' claim.

This is what she said on facebook btw.

facebook_3403477b.jpg

Edited by Genie

He didn't single her out though did he? He was angry with the whole team.

Two people ran on the pitch. It really wasn't a mystery who he was talking about. 

Â