Your Favourite Restaurants

omariqy

Rotate with four different ones over here - there's a fifth one i'd love to go to but it means not drinking or paying a shed load for a taxi return. I think there is a lack of top class restaurants for obvious reasons, but then again it wouldn't be a regular occurrence to spunk £150-£200 on a meal for two anyway.

Would the 5th one be The Abbey?

I'm going to guess at the other 4:

Enzo's

Portofino

Tanroagan

MacFarlane's

(Unless you're a Jaks/Rovers/Quids Inn kinda guy!)

PS have you been to the Courthouse since they altered it?  That Buddy Rocks is just about the worst restaurant I've ever been to.

Yeah, Buddy Rocks is disgusting, I had a burger in there that primarily consisted of soggy onions. Filth. And you wonder why the owner sent round an email to 50 people who he considers to be the prominent members of the IOM 'social scene' in order to try and gather some ideas on how to revive the place.

The four are: Enzos, Portofino, Tanroagan and JAR restaurant.

The 5th is Swiss House. To be fair the Abbey was lovely when I went last year, and I will have to try MacFarlane's.. maybe there's more than I thought!!

I didn't get that email, pah! :)

Yes, JAR is very good, but they weren't doing lunches before Christmas.  Off to Tanroagan for a mate's birthday lunch tomorrow.

It's a bit depressing that there's nowhere that's any good in the north of the island.

I have a friend who went to Crust not so long ago.

He went for the burger challenge. Managed everything except the coleslaw. Said it was a mistake leaving it until last and it was like trying to eat a bowl of mayo.

But his friend did the wings. Similar to Stwefano, likes chilli, likes hot food, always orders Vindaloos and such at curry houses.

Said he managed half the wings and then spent the next hour and a half in the toilet having some sort of episode.

Sounds like they are pretty damn hot.

I've eaten a lot of jalapeños all together in one go before and got heart palpitations. Your stomach is connected closely to your heart so major irritation can cause arrhythmia. I wonder if it's ever caused deaths from cardiac arrest?

• 2 months later...

Rajnagar Internationl - Lyndon Rd Olton . "The raj of Rajas"

We tripped over that one last year. The owner greeted us like long lost friends, despite the fact that none of us had been in the place before!

Excellent food and nice service.

Rajnagar Internationl - Lyndon Rd Olton . "The raj of Rajas"

We tripped over that one last year. The owner greeted us like long lost friends, despite the fact that none of us had been in the place before!

Excellent food and nice service.

I've been going there for +20 years. Never had a bad plate of food in there.

Must admit I love eating out wether it be english, chinese, indian, italian. Love value for money but also don't mind spending 50 60 quid on a meal and drinks every now and again if the food is really good. If I was loaded I think I'd eat out a lot more than I do.

Anyone give me a second opinion on Tailors in Warwick?

Took my folks up there in the week and although it's a place with lots of good reviews, I was totally disappointed. Service was rotten - they never took our coats; they got us our drinks and despite the fact we'd finished them before out starters, they never once offered more; we constantly had to try and get their attention whenever we wanted something (only four other tables were occupied so they were hardly busy) and some of the food was distinctly average. A couple of the dishes were very very good but seeing we spent £50 per head (with little to drink) I was very disappointed.

yeah and me, will be trying that new coast to coast place on broad street soon too

One in Solihull too. Supposed to be decent.
It is decent. Better than tgi's in my opinion, and the only place in the UK I've seen Sam Adams and blue moon on draught.

Went to Flat Iron Steak in London a couple of weeks ago and that was brilliant. It only seats about 30 people and they have three steak options. Probably the best steak I've ever had and only £12.50 with chips.

At home, you can't go wrong with Pizza By Goli. I go to their place in Lichfield but they've got one in Sutton as well. The BEST Garlic Bread ever and their Pizza is top notch too. Proper classic Italian

yeah and me, will be trying that new coast to coast place on broad street soon too

It is decent. Better than tgi's in my opinion, and the only place in the UK I've seen Sam Adams and blue moon on draught.

Yeah I'd agree with that, I liked it, had a good atmosphere, think on a Friday / Saturday night if it wasn't stupidly busy then it'd be a great night out the sam Adams was beautiful

It's not better than miller and carter though IMO

Yeah I'd agree with that, I liked it, had a good atmosphere, think on a Friday / Saturday night if it wasn't stupidly busy then it'd be a great night out the sam Adams was beautiful

Just been Miller and Carter in Sutton Park for mother's day (no, not me!)

Veh nice, I must say.

Just been Miller and Carter in Sutton Park for mother's day (no, not me!)

Veh nice, I must say.

The M & C in Sutton Park is a nice place, but so disappointing as a restaurant. Poor quality meat, poorly trained kitchen and waiting staff and, while not expensive, a lot of money for a wedge of lettuce with a dressing on it.

It is amazing how a nice place, regardless of how poor the offering is, can pull in the punters.

Â