Your Favourite Restaurants

omariqy

On 18/11/2015, 15:41:54, Xela said:

Went to Gaucho in Fitzrovia last night. Steak was gorgeous! 400g of prime fillet - i'm still licking my lips now! Worth the price. 

My mate who I went with said Hawksmoor is even better! Can't wait to try there. 

Yep, Hawksmoor is fantastic. Can't get enough - the Knightsbridge restaurant would be my recommendation as they have the 'Ambassador's Reception' pudding, which is almost as special as the steak. Booked in again for NYE and can't wait.

On 11/9/2015, 6:35:40, Xela said:

Rub Smokehouse is meant to be decent (I may be going there this week)

Otherwise, Coast to Coast? 

I was going to say Rub too.

I haven't been but my sister has and said it was awesome.

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎11‎:‎11‎:‎17, choffer said:

Joe Allen on Exeter St. 

One minute from CovGdn and it's a bit of a luvvie spot. Don't think I've ever been in there without seeing someone off of the telly. Not too expensive neither.

Joe Allen is great.

Ya Hala near London Paddington is great. No frills greasy spoon like Lebanese but never disappoints. Decently priced.

Edited by knoppy1987

14 hours ago, jonno_2004 said:

Yep, Hawksmoor is fantastic. Can't get enough - the Knightsbridge restaurant would be my recommendation as they have the 'Ambassador's Reception' pudding, which is almost as special as the steak. Booked in again for NYE and can't wait.

Kudos for having room for a dessert! I thought i'd have to be pushed out in a wheelbarrow after my steak! 

15 hours ago, jonno_2004 said:

You can get Ferrero Rocher anywhere. 

• Like 1

I liked Urban Pie. What happened to it?

I'm not saying it's one of my favourite restaurants, but it was somewhere I enjoyed eating while in Birmingham. I don't like the atmosphere in your Chinese restaurants. 

Atmosphere in your Chinese restaurants?! :lol: not quite sure what that means

A lot of Chinese food seems to be cheap, the buffet scene has done that, my mom will travel to brum just to go to big wok, it's **** horrific, there used to be a really good dim sum place where purnells bistro is now, called must or something

I think up market Chinese (and Indian for that matter) is a really hard push here

On 11/20/2015, 4:35:50, YLN said:

I liked Urban Pie. What happened to it?

I'm not saying it's one of my favourite restaurants, but it was somewhere I enjoyed eating while in Birmingham. I don't like the atmosphere in your Chinese restaurants. 

It was replaced by a Burrito shop.

Which is odd as I thought Urban Pie was doing really well. I was a big fan. Was a common pre-villa match meal for me.

Apparently there's a similar pie shop opened in Grand Central. Haven't been though.

On 19 November 2015 at 09:00:01, lapal_fan said:

Hickory's smoke-house (a legit American smokehouse place, awesome brisket) is opening in Kingswinford at the end of Nov.  Sooooo, if anyone needs me, I'll be there.

Tried to get a booking there got tonight but fully booked :(

On 19 November 2015 at 09:00:01, lapal_fan said: Hickory's smoke-house (a legit American smokehouse place, awesome brisket) is opening in Kingswinford at the end of Nov.  Sooooo, if anyone needs me, I'll be there.

Tried to get a booking there got tonight but fully booked [emoji20]

I've been trying since last week! Opening week and xmas parties the cause of these heinous bookings apparently.

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I've been trying since last week! Opening week and xmas parties the cause of these heinous bookings apparently.

Yep, fair play to them just opening and getting this many bookings straight away. Went to Harleys smokehouse in Kinver instead. Good food, service not the greatest

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

On 8 November 2015 at 9:09:11 PM, The_Rev said:

How much is in your bank account?   The Oxo Tower on the south bank is nice, the views are the main attraction but the food is good too. 

WqtUe2Q.jpg

I went there a couple of months ago, and the view is amazing.  Had some decent cocktails before the meal, but I'm afraid I have to say the food was incredibly disappointing.  Everything we had seemed pre-prepared and not cooked very well.  I had scallops that were grey and rubbery and not cooked as scallops should be, then lamb with a massive smear of something that may have been butternut squash or similar.  It's very, very busy in there, so I imagine it's not the attention to detail you'd get from somewhere less popular.

Â