Your Favourite Restaurants

omariqy

You'll enjoy it, it's really good, really interesting menu, I went in the summer, probably changed but if it's still on there I can't recommend the popping candy, meringue and coconut dessert enough

Also been to his Argentinian, had a mixed grill to share, beautiful, still got to go to his lobster place

Also seen that purnells bistro has had a make over so will have to pop in there, best Sunday dinner in brum

Buffalo n Rye has opened next to Bodega in Brum. They do ribs / brisket / burgers / hot dogs etc. Style themselves as a Bourbon diner. Same owners as Bodega / Jekyll & Hyde / Victoria etc, so you know it will be decent. 

Might be worth checking out if you are a meat fiend! I was meant to go on Friday but ended up elsewhere. 

• Like 1

Eaten out a few times this week

Turtle Bay (twice) - very impressed. Had the Trinidad chicken curry with dumplings. Very tasty. Tried some of my mates goat burger, which was nice as well. Do some nice cocktails there as well. Went again a couple of days later for a jerk chicken wrap and sweet potato fries. Again, lovely

Hen & Chickens - superb Indian mixed grill that hit the spot. Second time here and would recommend to anyone. 

On 12/8/2015 at 23:42, villa4europe said:

You'll enjoy it, it's really good, really interesting menu, I went in the summer, probably changed but if it's still on there I can't recommend the popping candy, meringue and coconut dessert enough

Also been to his Argentinian, had a mixed grill to share, beautiful, still got to go to his lobster place

Also seen that purnells bistro has had a make over so will have to pop in there, best Sunday dinner in brum

The Argentinian was fantastic, but the Lobster place was poor.

• Like 1

For anyone curious, Yakinori was OK. Just OK. We had a duck and seafood ramen, the duck was delicious, the seafood not as good. Both were very oily though. Sushi was fine, nothing out of the ordinary. If anyone is tempted to try it, you should defo go for a takeaway bento box, which looked super for £5.99. Rice or noodles plus 3 from a selection of other items.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a cracking curry in London a couple of days ago, The Rajdoot on the corner of Paddington Gardens, between Chiltern Street and Marylebone High Street.   If you are looking for somewhere quiet in, quite frankly one of the loveliest parts of central London then it's totally worth checking out. 

• Like 1

On 17 December 2015 at 11:05, hogso said:

For anyone curious, Yakinori was OK. 

Can't shake the idea that Floella Benjamin and Brian Cant have left it quite late for a career change to go into the restaurant business.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The_Rev said:

I had a cracking curry in London a couple of days ago, The Rajdoot on the corner of Paddington Gardens, between Chiltern Street and Marylebone High Street.   If you are looking for somewhere quiet in, quite frankly one of the loveliest parts of central London then it's totally worth checking out. 

That used to be a regular of mine when I worked in Baker St. Friendly place and good food at a decent price.

• Like 1

just got back from hickorys in kingswinford, bang on. the only thing i did not like about it was that they are very funny about who they let in and turn people away a lot, either over the phone or at the door.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Â