Your Favourite Restaurants

omariqy

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

just got back from hickorys in kingswinford, bang on. the only thing i did not like about it was that they are very funny about who they let in and turn people away a lot, either over the phone or at the door.

And they let you in??

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Again tried hickorys and again fully booked..... Not impressed 

They only got one table or something?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Bump. 

Me and the missus both love watching cooking programmes and the other night she mentioned that she'd love to go to a top class restaurant, bingo, xmas present sorted. 

The issue I'm having is that every michelin starred restaurant I've searched so far are tasting menus and the daft mare doesn't like fish. 

I've been to Simpsons in brum a few times and i think its fantastic, but as i went with an ex my mrs won't go there (don't ask). So I'm looking for recommendations. 

Thanks in advance. 

U.C.B. Michelin starred without the prices though! Although it's tricky to get in , might be fully booked , the food is amazing. I know it's a college, but my word it's ace. We try and go there maybe a dozen times a year with different friends, and they all love it.

If you work in town, then go and try the lunch menu.   http://www.ucb.ac.uk/restaurants/the-atrium.aspx

Cheers Nick

• Like 1

I'm exactly the same missus doesn't eat fish so that's Adams which is meant to be the best but I think only does a set menu out the window

have a look at purnells brummie tapas, purnells in general is awesome

turners have lost their star after changing to what they said wasn't a Michelin friendly menu

Thanks guys. Just to add, a michelin star isn't essential to be honest, i just mentioned that as its obviously the yard stick. 

Aswell as not liking fish, i feel myself and my girlfriend also have a different idea of what constitutes a top class restaurant. For my girlfriend "celebrity" means it must be good. 

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm exactly the same missus doesn't eat fish so that's Adams which is meant to be the best but I think only does a set menu out the window

have a look at purnells brummie tapas, purnells in general is awesome

turners have lost their star after changing to what they said wasn't a Michelin friendly menu

I guess as it's xmas i could ignore the fact that my money would probably pay for his season ticket at small heath ;)

3 hours ago, av1 said:

Bump. 

Me and the missus both love watching cooking programmes and the other night she mentioned that she'd love to go to a top class restaurant, bingo, xmas present sorted. 

The issue I'm having is that every michelin starred restaurant I've searched so far are tasting menus and the daft mare doesn't like fish. 

I've been to Simpsons in brum a few times and i think its fantastic, but as i went with an ex my mrs won't go there (don't ask). So I'm looking for recommendations. 

Thanks in advance. 

Turners at 69 in Harborne is decent. The chef got Michellin stars in city centre (Turners), then decided to keep high quality but move away from the taster menu and go a bit cheaper so moved out to Harborne. 

Baraset Barn out in Stratford is also very good, not won the michellin star, but I've been a couple of times and always had a great time. 

Always had a good meal at Red Lion out in Earlswood. Barnt Green Inn food is always excellent. White Swan in Edgbaston by botanical gardens.

My fave place though is the HoneyBee out by Droitwich. Bit of a family/run of the mill place but absolutely great steaks! 

On 20/01/2017 at 01:01, mikeyp102 said:

Come on then lads.... Obviously a lot of tandori mix grill places popping up. Any good city centre? Don't really want to go handsworth as will be drinking after in town

@Xela.....erm....perhaps you might be able to help out here ;)

On 1/20/2017 at 01:01, mikeyp102 said:

Come on then lads.... Obviously a lot of tandori mix grill places popping up. Any good city centre? Don't really want to go handsworth as will be drinking after in town

Try Akbars. Used to be v good a couple of years ago. 

• 2 weeks later...
Â