Your Favourite Restaurants

omariqy

• 3 months later...

Went to VMF @ Our Hallowed church tonight.

Mainly college students working there. Trained very well and very pleasant to all.

The restaurant is done out well, not over the top, just nice and relaxed.

As for the food, well it was one of the best meals I have had in a long time.

Summer fruit starter (more like a dessert than starter). Very tasty and fresh. Others had fish cake or mushroom and all commented how good it was.

Steak for main. Good decent sized meat, cooked to perfection with veg and duck fat chips. Another main had was the pork which also went down well.

Dessert, I had chocolate brownie. Not normally a desert man but this was really chewy (rather than stodgy) and tasty.

£25 a head (supplement extra for steak).

Hats off to Villa the hospitality section is obviously very well run, can see why it has rated highly on tripadvisor. Shame the football side can't be as good.

I would really recommend a visit.

• Like 1

Summer fruit starter (more like a dessert than starter).

Was there melon involved?

Because if there was V4E is going to go Cucurbitaceae crazy.

Nope no melon (never heard of Cucurbitaceae before, good old google). Star fruit, raspberries strawberries, oranges, pomegranate, apple (maybe a couple of other similar ilk)
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I've dug this out instead of starting a new topic but...

Can anyone help me with some recommendations for London restaurants? I'm taking the Mrs to the theatre for her birthday so it would need to be Covent garden-ish ideally. Nothing that is going to empty my bank account, but she's bought a new dress for the occasion so nowhere where she's going to be overdressed either :D

Can anyone help me with some recommendations for London restaurants? I'm taking the Mrs to the theatre for her birthday so it would need to be Covent garden-ish ideally. Nothing that is going to empty my bank account, but she's bought a new dress for the occasion so nowhere where she's going to be overdressed either :D

How much is in your bank account?   The Oxo Tower on the south bank is nice, the views are the main attraction but the food is good too. 

WqtUe2Q.jpg

Joe Allen on Exeter St. 

One minute from CovGdn and it's a bit of a luvvie spot. Don't think I've ever been in there without seeing someone off of the telly. Not too expensive neither.

• Like 1

Can anyone recommend a good burger/rib/brisket etc place that's in the centre of Birmingham? Cheers

Rub Smokehouse is meant to be decent (I may be going there this week)

Otherwise, Coast to Coast? 

• Like 1

We went to Rules in Covent Garden after Les Mis for my Mum's 65th birthday.  It's the oldest restaurant in London, probably £20-£30 for a main course so expensive but it's an absolute treat.  Most of it is wild game and meat, my partridge had a bit of bullet in it.  It's in the latest James Bond film and often in Downton Abbey, if she's impressed by that kind of thing.

I really like Opera Tavern in Covent Garden (smart tapas, sort of) but if you want somewhere that she'll like when dressed up, try Clos Maggiore (French, romantic), Balthazar (flashy brasserie) or Hawksmoor Seven Dials (very good steak and cocktails). 

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Gaucho in Fitzrovia last night. Steak was gorgeous! 400g of prime fillet - i'm still licking my lips now! Worth the price. 

My mate who I went with said Hawksmoor is even better! Can't wait to try there. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

Â