Your Favourite Restaurants

omariqy

I've never been to a Nando's 

is my life incomplete ?

It's McDonalds for the middle class. You aren't missing much. 

I thought it was the posh KFC?

is Nando's the one where you queue to get in, somebody shows you to a table, then you go and queue to order food?

Yes, that's the one.

I do like it,  although I prefer Yum Yums's's's chicken (And Yum Yums does other meats) but I just love chicken so I'm happy in both. 

I've never been to a Nando's 

is my life incomplete ?

It's McDonalds for the middle class. You aren't missing much. 

I thought it was the posh KFC?

is Nando's the one where you queue to get in, somebody shows you to a table, then you go and queue to order food?

Yes, that's the one.

I do like it,  although I prefer Yum Yums's's's chicken (And Yum Yums does other meats) but I just love chicken so I'm happy in both. 

Where is Yum Yums?

Yum is the organisation that owns KFC!

• Like 1

Where is Yum Yums?

There may be others but the one I like is in Martineau Place in town. It's next to Burger King and looks like it's a tiny little place but you can sit upstairs and there's a fair bit of room there.

Yum is the organisation that owns KFC!

Interesting. I think the full name of the place is Yum Yum Chicken so it may be connected.

Not sure about Nandos , always had stomach trouble after. I worry about cross contamination of raw and cooked chicken

Must admit that's not something I've ever even thought about in any restaurant ... Presumably that's as a result of the stomach trouble ? Is that all foods or just chicken ?

Agra Balti (Basingstoke)

Bodean's BBQ Restaurant (London)

Captain America's Hamburger Heaven (Norwich)

Ogino Japanese Restaurant (Beverley)

Alpago's Ice Cream Parlour (Weeze)

De Bosrand Pancake House (Arcen)

Pizzeria Piccolo Ischia (Milan)

Crust in Shirley is not bad. I had a go at their hot wing challenge;I'm a massive fan of chilli to the point that I have extra hot sauce with virtually every meal, but these wings were coated in a hellish inferno of chilli paste, sauce, powder and flakes that left me gasping in pain with fluid pouring from my eyes, nose and mouth. I ate one wing. It wasn't even the pain of the burn that made me stop, it was my chest constricting and my head throbbing as though a stroke was imminent.

Awesome.  I must go there.  I've conquered one hot wing challenge to date, bloody love the stuff.

Edited by GarethRDR

I have a friend who went to Crust not so long ago.

He went for the burger challenge. Managed everything except the coleslaw. Said it was a mistake leaving it until last and it was like trying to eat a bowl of mayo.

But his friend did the wings. Similar to Stwefano, likes chilli, likes hot food, always orders Vindaloos and such at curry houses.

Said he managed half the wings and then spent the next hour and a half in the toilet having some sort of episode.

Sounds like they are pretty damn hot.

• Like 1

If there was any challenge relating to Pizza I'd take it on. Pizza is a gas to me, in that I just inhale it in about 2 minutes.

There is one at Crust I think, a Calzone and you have ten minutes to eat it, let me have look at the menu I'll be back in a minute.

EDIT

Actually thinking about it,The full name is Crust Pizzeria, isn't it? So perhaps the clue was there for me :D Even the word Crust should have been enough, but anyway, here's the challenge menu -

CHALLENGE.png

But they seem to have taken a few off, including the calzone one :(

I'm sure we spoke about this place before when the subject of big breakfasts came up because they used to have a breakfast challenge too.

Edited by 8pints

Bodean's BBQ Restaurant (London)

Pulled pork sounds a bit rude, but lovely it is.

Don't get there often, there's usually a vegetarian in tow somewhere.

I've been meaning to buy some of their bbq sauce for ages.

I've been to Smokey's in Walsall (just outside the train station) it has the hot wing challenge, the burger challenge and a hot dog one too. I didn't do any of that I had some huge burger stacked with onion rings,bacon,cheese and chilli. It was lovely the only downside was that they said the chilli was hot when in fact it tasted mild at best to me.

Rotate with four different ones over here - there's a fifth one i'd love to go to but it means not drinking or paying a shed load for a taxi return. I think there is a lack of top class restaurants for obvious reasons, but then again it wouldn't be a regular occurrence to spunk £150-£200 on a meal for two anyway.

Would the 5th one be The Abbey?

I'm going to guess at the other 4:

Enzo's

Portofino

Tanroagan

MacFarlane's

(Unless you're a Jaks/Rovers/Quids Inn kinda guy!)

PS have you been to the Courthouse since they altered it?  That Buddy Rocks is just about the worst restaurant I've ever been to.

If there was any challenge relating to Pizza I'd take it on. Pizza is a gas to me, in that I just inhale it in about 2 minutes.

There is one at Crust I think, a Calzone and you have ten minutes to eat it, let me have look at the menu I'll be back in a minute.

EDIT

Actually thinking about it,The full name is Crust Pizzeria, isn't it? So perhaps the clue was there for me :D Even the word Crust should have been enough, but anyway, here's the challenge menu -

CHALLENGE.png

But they seem to have taken a few off, including the calzone one :(

I'm sure we spoke about this place before when the subject of big breakfasts came up because they used to have a breakfast challenge too.

My mate and I tried 50 chicken wings at Hooters in Nottingham the other month (shared not each )

failed miserably ..think we managed about 34 or something  

mind you we did also order a rack of ribs and fries to go with it (shared not each)

and we had been on the beer for a good few hours 

excuses excuses I know

Edited by tonyh29

Best restaurant I have been to would be 'Tickets' in Barcelona, run by one of the guys from El Bulli. That was very cool. 

Most visited would be 'Green Papaya', a Vietnamese place in Hackney (or I suppose it would be Macca's if that counts as a restaurant!)

Â