Ryan Bertrand

Didiersix

Was really weird to see a decent LB in the villa side. Honestly can't remember the last time we had that.

While there is a chance he'd be available permanently in summer I'm guessing he'd command a few we would struggle to pay.

As with Walker we've got to cherish him while we've got him.

Liverpool found it hard work down the left side today with Bertrand there, good link up play too, not just back to Guzan everytime. Shows how poor Luna and Bennett are, proper footballer in today. Full respect to Bertrand

Absolutely right - `proper footballer' - just shows what we will get if we spend a little more money.

I love this guy. And I don't care if he goes back in the summer. He's now one of my favourites. He calms down our left side, which admittedly has been a suspect. Looks to have a good partnership with Delph too.

Edited by AVTuco

Dont worry, we will soon knock all this good play out of him so normal service can resume!

If that happens we just ship him back to Chelsea on a month loan

Is this our new plan? Loan good players from clubs make them shit and then send them back. :)

• Like 1

Dont worry, we will soon knock all this good play out of him so normal service can resume!

If that happens we just ship him back to Chelsea on a month loan

Is this our new plan? Loan good players from clubs make them shit and then send them back. :)

Then Lambert just giggles manically down the phone "HE'LL NEVER GO AGAIN HAHAHAHAHAHA!" then flies his Paul-Falcon off into the moonlight like a super-villan.

• Like 2

You can tell he's been playing with good players. Very composed, knew when to go and when to stay. No panics.

I'm not sure he'll want to go back to Chelsea if he's not going to be first choice. I think Liverpool and Spurs could be in for him come the summer and realistically he'd go there ahead of us. If not we could have a chance but it would mean spending some actual money and paying some actual wages. Remains to be seen if Lerner will do that or whether he wants us to keep clowning around with underqualified goons.

Merson was right about him today on SSN, saying that its a great credit to him that he came to us as many players would have been happy sitting comfortable at chelsea. Looks a quality player and looks to have a cracking attitude, really hope a permanent deal will be done in the summer.

Villa + Bertrand = huge progress. See how simple this game is Randy if you bring in proper footballers.

I don't think that's fair at all. Some signings work out, some don't. This one looks like it'll work it out, but there have been others.

Â