Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

BOF

I really fear for a drubbing this weekend. I think we may revert back to the 4-3-3 with sylla, delph and westy as the midfield three. I also imagine Luna will have a really torrid time against either of their 3 front men which they chose to play rw

Bennett has been training and could be available, I wonder if we'll see him. 

I must admit, I was hoping Baker would be ready, so we could play 5-3-2, but with both him and Herd out, it'll be 4-4-2, probably, I guess.

Come May, goal difference can be the extra point keeping us up, so I'm hoping for a one or two goals defeat.

14-1 isn't long enough for me to stick money on us. 50-1, I'd consider it.

Only positive I can think of is, they might keep a rather high back four line (ala S'ton) and if Gabby hasn't been forced to drop too deep defending, maybe he'll get a chance or two at a run.

I think we'll lose 4-1.

Edited by Villain4Life

Here's what a Liverpool forum thinks is going to happen. taken from page 1 on a couple of threads about the game.

need some revenge here for the 3-1 at anfield, this is the fixture I've been waiting for as I genuinely think villa have the worst side on paper in prem. 

We are going to pulverise them.

I'd like to rest Johnson and give Kelly a game at right back, but Villa's main outlet is the pace of Gabby Agbonlahor, so maybe retain Johnson for this game.

An early goal for us, we shatter their fragile confidence, and it could be a real beating - but the longer it goes at 0-0 the more their counter attack will cause us problems!

I can't see us not conceding here. Benteke will probably run riot against our defenders again.

We should win this comfortable, today is going to give us even more confidence.

I think we'll batter them, 6 or 7 goals

We've coped well against defensive teams. I think, generally speaking, we've struggled to cope with teams who actually press and pressure us.

In all honesty, Villa should offer little threat to us at home. I do expect us to comfortably pick up the points.

I'd love a brace or even a hat trick for both of our genius strikers.

sasas v their back 4 and their championship looking midfield???

Im expecting us to win but dont feel as optimistic as some of you guys.

its villa, their ****. lowton clarke baker and luna??? really? westwood delph and el ahmadi???? really. guzan is decent but he'll be made to look horribly bad courtesy of sas.

Villa are *****, if we can score 5 without fully clicking and SAS then I imagine how many it could be when we do

Don't know whether putting Bertrand in straight away would happen, since he probably will have trained with us just once, but still, I'd go...

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Clark Bertrand

Bacuna Westwood Delph

Gabby Benteke Albrighton

If Baker is out then we won't be able to do 352 unless someone else covers him, but with Bacuna and Lowton rotating positions, that'd be pretty good if we were just gonna go for it.

• Like 1