Grant Holt

samjp26

Just seen the interview with him on AVTV, and he definitely strikes me as someone with a point to prove. 

I think the way his career has gone, he knows the magnitude of the opportunity he's been given to come back to the Premier League, so he'll definitely put a shift in for us.

He was captain at Norwich for several seasons, so has leadership qualities and can definitely pass on some knowledge to the younger players both on and off the pitch.

Temporary loan signing on not much wages with loads of experience in English football... yeah I'll take that.

• Like 4

The more I think about this, the more this signing makes sense. Really can't understand those slagging him off which really is unnesisary.

Yep, I just can't see why people can't see it. He will be Rhaego, The Stallion Who Mounts The World. In claret and blue.

• Like 1

Lol Zat Knight.

He who captains Bolton as they sit comfortably 18th in the Championship.

What? As opposed to Holt who couldn't get a game in mid-table Wigan?

Collymore reckons we shouldn't read too much into him not playing at Wigan, internal issues.

If its because he doesnt like Dave Whelan then he is good enough for me

Is it because he ate all their pies?

I bet people wished we were being linked with a £7 million 'overage' Rickie lambert instead?

OT, but only if he apologised for conning the ref into giving Southampton a penalty last season.

Rickie Lambert - England International. He'd be too expensive for us right now imo.

Against us? Wasnt that rodriguez?

Now that you have said that, I may be very wrong... I was very enraged at the time and the red mist of war descended lol.

Perhaps Rickie Lambert was interviewed after the game and 'confirmed' it was a stone wall penalty on MOTD or something... I just recall Rickie Lambert being my scapegoat for that game... Grrrrr!!! lol

• Like 1

I bet people wished we were being linked with a £7 million 'overage' Rickie lambert instead?

OT, but only if he apologised for conning the ref into giving Southampton a penalty last season.

Rickie Lambert - England International. He'd be too expensive for us right now imo.

Against us? Wasnt that rodriguez?

Now that you have said that, I may be very wrong... I was very enraged at the time and the red mist of war descended lol.

Perhaps Rickie Lambert was interviewed after the game and 'confirmed' it was a stone wall penalty on MOTD or something... I just recall Rickie Lambert being my scapegoat for that game... Grrrrr!!! lol

Yeah I think you're right about the interview.

• Like 1

Football fans in wanting a better player shocker!
He's 1 year younger? So you'd be happy for the club to spend £7 mil on him? I certainly wouldn't be.
I'm a football fan, not an accountant. If the club can afford to buy better and more expensive players then great. I can't judge how much they can afford to spend, so I assume whatever they're spending is financially OK.
I bet Leeds fans thought the same.

I might be wrong but you seem to think Lerner, Faulkner and Lambert are mugs, who have no idea how to control the finances?

Like I said, I'm not an accountant, I don't care how much money they spend of players. They can spend f.ck all for all I care. What I care about is playing good football and hopefully getting some results too.

Id never blame a manager for spending money he's given. But the reason why were spending like we are now is down to lerner.

• Like 1

The more I think about this, the more this signing makes sense. Really can't understand those slagging him off which really is unnesisary.

Yep, I just can't see why people can't see it. He will be Rhaego, The Stallion Who Mounts The World. In claret and blue.

Yeah **** you Mizzi Maz Duur.  The Stallion rides!

• Like 1

Id never blame a manager for spending money he's given. But the reason why were spending like we are now is down to lerner.

Agree with this, but I think you'll find a very vast majority of supporters who are still blaming MON, rightly or wrongly. It's more about how the money is spent and what the overall plan of the club is in order to be sustainable.

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan

I think he and Benteke could cause teams problems. Holt is very good at hold up play and drawing fouls from defenders. If Lambert did not insist on floated corners all the time we could be very dangerous from set pieces. I don't know what all the abuse is for. As long as he puts effort in for the club i can't see a loan being a problem. 

It's almost like the OS are picking up on the 'food' insults and are having a bit of fun with it.  There's currently an article on the OS where Holt talks about career knockbacks giving him 'food for thought' and now on facebook he talks about being a 'key ingredient' at Villa.  They've been known to have a sense of humour in the past :-)

• Like 1

Because it is another stick to beat the club / manager with as people vent their frustrations that we are not doing as well in the league as they think we should be because we are aston villa

• Like 1

I genuinely didn't make this, I just found it googling Grant Holt to have a look at some goals he's scored etc -

9149f5c205249c0a306884d7f16a52ff676df417

Clearly you didn't make this, yours would fit the actual song much better, wouldn't it?

Ready. Go.....

• Like 1

Â