Joe Lolley

MCU

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He'll probably kill me for saying it, but I can tell you for a fact he still reads VT from time to time.

I've never seen the two of you in the same room. I mean, I've never seen either of you. But I've definitely never seen the two of you in the same room. :detect:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I've never seen the two of you in the same room. I mean, I've never seen either of you. But I've definitely never seen the two of you in the same room. :detect:

The old VTFC players have ;) 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

Been watching him in the Forest - Derby derby tonight. He really has become a superb footballer. We should try and get him in the summer.

We should have signed him a year ago when he was available. 

I used to say back then that while he wouldn’t be a starter every week, he’d be a good squad player. 

I was wrong. He’d be first choice in our team right now. 

• Like 2

Our problem would be he only signed for Forest a year ago and he's just signed a new contract.

I'm sure he'd love to come here, but it wouldn't be cheap in Championship terms.

As good as I'd think he'd be, I'm not sure he'd represent value for money.

2 words. Joe Lolley

Amazing on FM and scores winners almost every week, if reports are to be believed. Doesn't have a contract from a League 2 youth academy, but that doesn't really mean anything. He hasn't been capped at youth level and no big teams have come in for him despite his quite obvious talent. I can't imagine why Littleton FC haven't tied him to a long term deal. They're taking a real chance with him and the coach deserves a sacking, not just from his coaching work, but also from his main profession, teaching or whatever.

He's too good for Littlewood FC, Cheltenham and us, if I'm honest. He'll be playing up front for England before the New Year, unless in the meantime we encounter aliens who have a football team, in which case he'll be playing up front for Earth against the alien team. Best player of all time.

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I saw him around Nottingham a few days ago. I didn't say anything because "Alright mate, I used to read your posts on VT!" might seem a bit weird :D 

I think he'd have loved that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Come on Agent Lolley, you know you want to do all that you can to get us into the top 6.

Yeah come on Joe if you're reading this, an own goal or two to help us go up via the play-offs and we'd have enough money to bring you home... you could live the dream 😉

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I saw him around Nottingham a few days ago. I didn't say anything because "Alright mate, I used to read your posts on VT!" might seem a bit weird :D 

Whereabouts out of interest?  I keep an eye out assuming he lives round here somewhere (WB) but alas...

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Yeah come on Joe if you're reading this, an own goal or two to help us go up via the play-offs and we'd have enough money to bring you home... you could live the dream 😉

A goal and 4 assists in his last outing against us would suggest he won't be swayed by this :D 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

A goal and 4 assists in his last outing against us would suggest he won't be swayed by this :D 

As persuasive as I think I am I'd be worried if he was swayed by something that he read on a football forum...

• Haha 1

Â