Joe Lolley

MCU

**** it, we're loaded.

£16m get it done.

We're losing a lot of old, professional heads round the dressing room. Having one of our new signings come in and showing the other newbies this place is a dream will bode very well.

Feels like this is going to happen all of a sudden.

Christ, the excitement.

Edited by Tomaszk

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

**** it, we're loaded.

£16m get it done.

We're losing a lot of old, professional heads round the dressing room. Having one of our new signings come in and showing the other newbies this place is a dream will bode very well.

Feels like this is going to happen all of a sudden.

Christ, the excitement.

I'm mot excited about signing him for £16m (which I think is a more realistic price for him)

Hope we have scouted better than that

Again, el ghazi for a £2m fee + £5m buyout clause shows just how poor the value would be if we went for Lolley or Bowen at north of £15m 

I like Lolley and he's a good player but for me he's one of many players who I hope we're not looking at because we will be ripped off, need too many positions filled to spend that much on someone who in 2/3 years time if we progress in the PL (big if) won't be needed any more (sorry joe) I don't see the value of him 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Not more than £10m for tbh . Would love him but let's be sensible.

Got to agree with that, just because we've rejoined The Greed League there's no reason to chuck it all away immediately.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Didn’t he struggle massively in the premier league before? 

Not really. He was coming back from quite a big injury, and when he came back he contributed, he scored a goal or two while he was in the team and then was sold in the January to Forest.

He also seems to have improved massively again since being at Forest.

The fee could be an issue, but I think he'd be a great addition for us. He'd have been playing every week this season if we'd had him in retrospect.
I think he's been more impressive than El Ghazi from what I've seen and heard from Forest fans, and nobody seems to be against El Ghazi playing next season.

12 in 51 in the Championship in by far his best season.

Previous annual club hauls were 3, 0, 2, 1, 4, 3 & 1. 

If we want to compete in the premier league I am not sure this is the sort of player we should be blowing £10m+ and wages on. 

38 minutes ago, Genie said:

12 in 51 in the Championship in by far his best season.

Previous annual club hauls were 3, 0, 2, 1, 4, 3 & 1. 

If we want to compete in the premier league I am not sure this is the sort of player we should be blowing £10m+ and wages on. 

Those are a little misleading. Your "annual haul" of 1, for example, was from 6 games. The following 3 was from 19 games and the other 1 was from 19 games in a season where he was injured a lot. Plus he's a winger.
Also don't forget he's a late bloomer. A year before playing in the Championship he was playing in like the 8th tier or something so it's natural it would take him a while to adjust.

I'm not saying he'd be pulling up trees in the premier league, but I think he'd be a very good addition to the squad and at £10m he'd be relatively cheap. That's nothing these days.

I think we had a similar discussion last summer about your doubts he'd cut it in the Championship. He ended up being Forest's player of the season and would have walked into our team. Like I said, El Ghazi seems to be a player everyone would be happy to sign. Joe Lolley has been better than El Ghazi this season.

• Like 1

If Villa are serious about competing in the premier league and then pushing on to the top third then players doing ok in the middle of the 2nd tier* aren’t really what we need.

Just because he’s as good as a player already at the club isn’t really justification to spend over £10m on him, it’s actually the opposite. 

We need to buy proven players now. Not just our mates or our fans.

If it wasn’t for the fact he posted on here nobody would give it a second thought. £10m players will want £30/£40k a week minimum in the premier league for 3 or 4 years. Could cost the club well over £18m.

A year after we almost went broke and sailed far to close for comfort on FFP people suggesting this would be sensible business 😲

*this was also a one off season.

He only signed a new contract 3 months ago too I think. As much i'd like him here with the fee Forest could command it probably isn't value for money at all. I'd still love him here but the more I think about it the more I think the fee would be too much as he doesn't have a release clause either.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

Â