Joe Lolley

MCU

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've been to various games in the UK where stuff like corners and throw ins are sponsored. Not at premier league level, but lower levels its fairly prevalent

I do remember when I had a season ticket during the O'Leary years our corners were sponsored by Aston university, only inside the ground, it would say on the big screen

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I do remember when I had a season ticket during the O'Leary years our corners were sponsored by Aston university, only inside the ground, it would say on the big screen

Another example of poor brand synergy, since we never learned from the routines not working. 

15 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

"A long KFC™ punt upfield from Matty Cash finds Leon Bailey on the Premler Inns™ touchline. He executes a short Shake'n'Vac™ pass to Ollie Watkins, who lets fly a wild Stella Artois™ shot, which sails harmlessly over the Admiral Insurance™ crossbar. Ladbrokes™ referee Mike Dean blows his Kia Sportage™ whistle for a Tesco™ goal kick... " 

I see what you did there!!

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Sydney are sweating on the fitness of star winger Joe Lolley this week apparently. Done his hamstring here.

in a potentially massive blow to the Sky Blues’ hopes of beating the Wanderers, star winger Joe Lolley limped off with a hamstring injury in the closing stages of his side’s win over the Jets.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/sydney-fc-to-sweat-on-the-fitness-of-star-winger-ahead-of-suddendeath-finals-derby-with-wanderers/news-story/49461d32a014acbecbefb1a56850772a

Derby match this weekend in the sudden death finals match (whatever that means villa aussies can explain I'm sure)

8 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Sydney are sweating on the fitness of star winger Joe Lolley this week apparently. Done his hamstring here.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/sydney-fc-to-sweat-on-the-fitness-of-star-winger-ahead-of-suddendeath-finals-derby-with-wanderers/news-story/49461d32a014acbecbefb1a56850772a

Derby match this weekend in the sudden death finals match (whatever that means villa aussies can explain I'm sure)

They essentially have a one leg cup tie away to Western Sydney tomorrow night. Win that and they have a two-leg tie against Melbourne City (City Football Group side who finished on top) to go into the final.

• Thanks 1

On 05/05/2023 at 01:20, VILLAMARV said:

I see Joe played 89 minutes and his Sydney side won in a game featuring Jack Rodwell and Morgan Schneiderlin (for the Players you completely forgot about thread).

• Like 1

Â