Joe Lolley

MCU

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

If it wasn’t for the fact he posted on here nobody would give it a second thought.

2 years ago I think I'd agree with this.

If you still think this then you can't have watched him play this season. He's been very, very good. He's doing far more than "ok" at this level.

• Like 2

I have watched him many times over the past 2 years thank you. He’s ok at the level he’s at. This incarnation of Villa should be looking at a higher calibre of player if the ambition of the owners is to be believed.

If he’s as good as you suggest @Stevo985 one of the other premier league sides will certainly sign him up.

He's definitely worth £10m. Excellent Championship player with PL experience, still young and he is a villa fan. He's had an outstanding season at Forest. No brainer for me. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I have watched him many times over the past 2 years thank you. He’s ok at the level he’s at. This incarnation of Villa should be looking at a higher calibre of player if the ambition of the owners is to be believed.

If he’s as good as you suggest @Stevo985 one of the other premier league sides will certainly sign him up.

Someone on a Leicester site probably posted similar about Maddison this time last year. Now is supposedly a Spurs target

2 hours ago, Genie said:

If it wasn’t for the fact he posted on here nobody would give it a second thought.

No offence but this is absolute nonsense. He's a fantastic footballer. 

If anything I think it is having the opposite effect, people are less inclined to see that because he is 'one of us'. They think they are deceiving themselves. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

All this levels stuff reminds me of when we were appointing Dean Smith.

From what i have seen of him, his dribbling and his shooting is top tier, even by prem standard, add to he is an intelligent footballer gets assists and is a mad villa fan. What's not to like? He would suit our style of play perfectly imo. 

53 minutes ago, islingtonclaret said:

Sign Kryten. He may have been a mechanoid, but he's turned into a damn fine player, regardless of the merciless trolling VT gave him 😂😂😂

Don't you blame the whole of VT for the actions of @GarethRDR and @rjw63🤣🤣🤣

Gareths sex toy photoshops and kryten pics are still some of my favourite moments on VT lol.

• Thanks 2

I think I said yes about 5 hrs after the game on Monday. Absolute no brainer from me. Successful teams today all have a great mix of desire to leave it all on the pitch and great ability. The thought of Lolley and Grealish two immensely talented players playing for their boyhood team excites me immensely. Stick Mr McGinn next to those and it's all starting to get a bit damp down there. 

There probably is some aspects of wanting to sign Lolley because of him being an ex-poster on here. And he’s a Villa fan, too. He really is one of our own. We could even have our own song for him: “One Kryten Lolley, there’s only one Kryten Lolley...”

But saying that - he’s also pretty darn good at that football thingy and he’d really compliment our attack options. £10M seems cheap plus isn’t my money to moan about.

While it's pretty absurd he was a VT lad and most of us remember him, I think his Villa connection means nothing in this case. 

I do however, based upon the little I've seen, think he would be a decent signing. His work rate, his effort, toughness and directness(I don't know the right word here, sure you have one - Britishness? 😂), and from what I've seen his very much a team player, these are all traits you have to think we could use more of. He reminds me a bit of James Milner and Albrighton in some respect. 

I am kinda wary about spending that much money on him though. Even if £ 10 million is not a whole lot these days, he will come into the club as a big money signing, after performing very well for Forest, then add his Villa connection. Could easily become very difficult for him if he hits a rough patch. But I guess you could argue these are issues most players will face. 

Anyway, I am definately not against signing him. There's a lot of attacking talent we will be linked with, so I just hope Deano makes the right call. One thing that speaks well for Joe is that he seems very much mature and levelheaded. Which I think is immensely important. 

I rate him highly but I think anything over £10 million and we should probably look elsewhere. If we could get him say for £8 million that would be a cracking piece of business, perhaps we could offer an unwanted player as part of the deal?!

I'm not going to lie, regardless of the fact that he is a very good footballer, who can dribble, pass, has a terrific shot on him, the fact that he supports us is definitely a major reason for me wanting him to sign - For me, it just feels right. 

We already have the gaffer and the skipper (and the kit man) who support this wonderful club and I think Joe would fit in immediately and hit the ground running. 

Â