Joe Lolley

MCU

4 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Don't you blame the whole of VT for the actions of @GarethRDR and @rjw63🤣🤣🤣

Gareths sex toy photoshops and kryten pics are still some of my favourite moments on VT lol.

Clearly such mocking was a vital character building exercise in his journey to footballing success. 

Now I'm not saying he owes it all to me, but if @AVFC-Prideofbrum see fits to throw some of his sign-on fee to me when we inevitably buy him, I think we can all agree that would be fair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I rate him highly but I think anything over £10 million and we should probably look elsewhere. If we could get him say for £8 million that would be a cracking piece of business, perhaps we could offer an unwanted player as part of the deal?!

Who would you look at as an alternative? 

I like Bowen, but he would probably cost more. Josh Murphy who's been mentioned above actually, he's one I think we could get cheaper now Cardiff have been relegated. Staying in the Championship Daniel James from Swansea or Jack Clarke from Leeds, Ryan Kent at Rangers?!

Not sure if most of these players would cost more or less though to be honest.

10-15 mill £ for this guy. Yes please!! Would be madness not to. Its the exact type of character we want to add to our club. He's been one of the better performancers in the league this year, in a poorer team, with a poorer manager, he's been on par with Grealish and McGinn. He's someone that doesn't take his career for granted. Who's been constantly improving season by season. Still a few years from his prime.

That's good enough reasons to sign him. Add to the fact that he's a Villa fan as well. Get it done! 

More value elsewhere you say? I'd love to see a better candidate for +10m £. 

Edited by Skruff
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Xela said:

Who would you look at as an alternative? 

For £15-20m I want a well scouted 22 year old international player that we all sit here and think how the **** did we get him, the next pavon or Lozano 

I don't want championship players who might step up 

Edited by villa4europe

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

For £15-20m I want a well scouted 22 year old international player that we all sit here and think how the **** did we get him, the next pavon or Lozano 

I don't want championship players who might step up 

£15-20m it might require more thought.

For the £10m rumoured, it's a no brainer imo.

Like OBE has just said, it's peanuts these days.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Definitely, like I said I'm not suggesting he's not a good player, definitely no bollocks about not good enough for us, also completely agree that 2/3 years ago he would have been a perfect signing for us, it's just the price tag and not getting value for money

The aim for me is someone in at £15-20m who is young and progressing and in 2 years time is linked with man city for £40m, that's the type of player I want 

46 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Definitely, like I said I'm not suggesting he's not a good player, definitely no bollocks about not good enough for us, also completely agree that 2/3 years ago he would have been a perfect signing for us, it's just the price tag and not getting value for money

The aim for me is someone in at £15-20m who is young and progressing and in 2 years time is linked with man city for £40m, that's the type of player I want 

The day we sign players with the express purpose of selling them to another club for a profit. Is the day I walk away. We will never compete if we have that small time feeder club mentality. We are Aston Villa, the largest club in the Second City, the club that was the guiding light in founding the Football League, former Champions of Europe, let’s act like it.

FFP is what it is, what do you think wolves are doing with neves? Or Chelsea, city and other big big European clubs are doing with youth players?

You have to consider resale value, it's enabling you to build a team and compete 

Spending £18m on Lolley and £100m this summer on players that in 2/3 years time are then worth less than you paid - you can't do that anymore 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

FFP is what it is, what do you think wolves are doing with neves? Or Chelsea, city and other big big European clubs are doing with youth players?

You have to consider resale value, it's enabling you to build a team and compete 

Spending £18m on Lolley and £100m this summer on players that in 2/3 years time are then worth less than you paid - you can't do that anymore 

I was replying to your idea that we develope players and sell them for a profit to the clubs we are trying to compete with.You don’t build a team by selling your best players to Man City. Do that and we’ve given up. Let us be the club taking their players.

Edited by meregreen

22 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

£10m doesn't get you that much these days.

Spot on. What i don't really understand is people saying we could get better value abroad, at the same time as talking about a lack of PL experience. 

Lolley would be a good addition to the squad, would work his socks and can play in a number of positions. 

£10m is basically 2 Aaron Tshibolas 😂

14 minutes ago, av1 said:

Spot on. What i don't really understand is people saying we could get better value abroad, at the same time as talking about a lack of PL experience. 

Lolley would be a good addition to the squad, would work his socks and can play in a number of positions. 

£10m is basically 2 Aaron Tshibolas 😂

Saying that, I don't think we will get him for £10m, that''s the issue. I'd take that.

We will have to overpay for him by a huge%. He just signed a new deal, people know we have money.

I just can't see it happening and being worth the inflation.

The thing that would work in our favour is I'd say there's a 99% chance Joe would want the move.

Yeah he signed a contract recently, but he'd surely take the chance to sign for us.

I imagine Forest wouldn't play hardball TOO much with him.

I'd have him in the squad but as I've said elsewhere, we shouldn't be limiting ourselves to high performers in the championship, we have far more possibilities now we're in the big time again. We're a bigger draw than most sides in the Premier League given the size and 'quality' of the football club.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

47 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'd have him in the squad but as I've said elsewhere, we shouldn't be limiting ourselves to high performers in the championship, we have far more possibilities now we're in the big time again. We're a bigger draw than most sides in the Premier League given the size and 'quality' of the football club.

I do agree. But we can't go out and buy superstars in every position.

Like I said in another thread, I think we should be spending the serious money on the spine. If we're spending £10m on players like Joe to compliment that then I'm fine with it.

Â