Joe Lolley

MCU

Great move. Wish him the best.

I wonder what it's like and how it changes your life to be a professional footballer. I mean he's gone from posting on here to someone who has played in the Premier League. He's living the dream and he's probably earning more than he ever imagined he would. 

I work less than a mile from their training ground and see the odd player in the nearest coffee shop occasionally. Never spoke to the lad, but he'll get an "alright Kryten?" if I ever see him around :D 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

100% he still reads. 

Yep. he does.

Forest is a great move for him. Kinda gutted though as there was a part of me that thought him signing on loan or something for us for the rest of the season was still a possibility.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep. he does.

Forest is a great move for him. Kinda gutted though as there was a part of me that thought him signing on loan or something for us for the rest of the season was still a possibility.

I’d have loved that! 

8 hours ago, Dick said:

I’d have loved that! 

I heard from a mutual friend that there was genuine interest from Villa in the summer. And given he'd suddenly started playing in January I wondered if Huddersfield were putting him in the shop window (not that he didn't deserve a chance anyway, he clearly took it!).

So I kinda thought it might happen.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I heard from a mutual friend that there was genuine interest from Villa in the summer. And given he'd suddenly started playing in January I wondered if Huddersfield were putting him in the shop window (not that he didn't deserve a chance anyway, he clearly took it!).

So I kinda thought it might happen.

I swear, i’d get his name on my shirt if he signed!

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Kinda gutted though as there was a part of me that thought him signing on loan or something for us for the rest of the season was still a possibility.

Imagine if he signed on loan and came off the bench to score the winner against small heath? That's the stuff dreams are made of.

I think after this window, the ship has sailed :(

We're going places and if we go up, if Tony does what he said he's going to do, then I doubt we'll be looking at players in the Championship.  

He'd have to have a superb season for us to even look, especially with his long contract.  

On 06/02/2018 at 16:19, lapal_fan said:

I think after this window, the ship has sailed :(

We're going places and if we go up, if Tony does what he said he's going to do, then I doubt we'll be looking at players in the Championship.  

He'd have to have a superb season for us to even look, especially with his long contract.  

Yeah that’s why I’m a bit gutted. 

Dont get me wrong, maybe he’ll carry on his meteoric rise and be good enough for us to sign. I would love nothing more. 

But assuming Dr X keeps progressing us, it may be beyond Joe. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah that’s why I’m a bit gutted. 

Dont get me wrong, maybe he’ll carry on his meteoric rise and be good enough for us to sign. I would love nothing more. 

But assuming Dr X keeps progressing us, it may be beyond Joe. 

On the other hand if we don't go up which despite the current VT optimism is a pretty real possibility then it will be a fire sale and I should imagine someone like Joe Lolley (ie free, a bit of talent and a load of motivation) would be someone the club would be very interested in.

On balance I think I'd prefer promotion. Although part of me does much prefer the Championship it's the whole financial ruin thing which puts me off. 

• Like 1

Â