Joe Lolley

MCU

12 hours ago, villa89 said:

Sign him Up!

I've been banging this drum since we got relegated. We genuinely should sign him, or should have signed him before now (I know he's only just gone to Forest)

He might not be a starter every week ahead of the likes of Adomah, green etc. But if you're after players to compete with others for the first team who are committed and you know will give it 100% then he'd be perfect.

Imagine a VTer actually getting to play for Villa.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Imagine a VTer actually getting to play for Villa.

Should have been a condition of the sale to the new owners. We want Lolley! When do we want him? Within the confined constraints of a FIFA regulated transfer window. 

It rolls off the tongue. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I've watched him play a few times and never really seen him do much to make me think I'd want him in a Villa shirt (sorry Joe).

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

This. As sad as it is for me to say. 

Like I said I don't think he's good enough to be a starter every week if we have ambitions of promotion but he is a good player at this level. He played regularly until his injury for the Huddersfield side that got promoted and he seems to be straight into the action at Forest who are highly tipped this season.

As competition for places in those wider roles I think he could play a part. I'd rather have him coming on as sub or rotating than Bjarnasson (in that position) or Onomah like last season. Is he worse than Isaac Success who we're apparently after for the same sort of role? (That one's a genuine question, I've no idea how good Success is)

To be honest, I don't really care if he's the next Tonev, I'd still want to see him at Villa :) 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â