Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

I think they had to save face in January by not selling a player (they maybe couldn't / didn't want to replace) to a relegation rival. Now the player has handed in a 2nd transfer request with all the summer transfer window in front of them, and considering we're no longer rivals, I imagine PL would get him - assuming no takeover is imminent.

Lambert could probably now offer more than the £1M allowance that was reportedly provided in Jan which may help!

Nursey said a few days back Lambert will go in for Hoolahan and Pilkington this summer. Think it's a waste of time though as Norwich refused to do business with us in January so why would they now

Because in Jan they didn't want to strengthen a relegation rival.

Yes please... Him playing Behind Kozak or Benteke would be very good as he creates chances for himself and others... looks for something different that what our current midfielders do....

Also would be funny considering he will be dirt cheap this summer!!!

#FreeWes

No guarantee Norwich would listen to our approach anyway.

They are probably more livid than ever with Lambert now given what has happened to them over the 2 years.

What's the last 2 years got to do with Lambert? He left them in a very decent position.

Looking to sign up a 32 year old player who couldn't hold down a first team spot in a relegated side?

Bloody hell. I know times are tough and all that but are they that tough?

Could be a bit of a 'moneyball' signing?

Finding a player overlooked by his side who could come on the cheap but offer us something we don't have already?

• Like 1

Looking to sign up a 32 year old player who couldn't hold down a first team spot in a relegated side?

Bloody hell. I know times are tough and all that but are they that tough?

Could be a bit of a 'moneyball' signing?

Finding a player overlooked by his side who could come on the cheap but offer us something we don't have already?

I suppose so. Still his age. Tough to get over.

The current state of the club he'd come in and be an important player. Pretty depressing but that's Aston Villa under Lerner.

It looks like another season of praying for survival and this signing will help achieve that.

Considering the poor state of our current squad, and the fact that we've been crying out for an attacking midfielder, and for an experienced head or two, I'd say we could do much worse.  At least he's not a 16 year old turning out for the reserve team of a club playing in the bottom division of the Luxembourg league....

• Like 1

Is he good enough to carry all the creative responsibilities in a 3 man midfield, and are our remaining 2 central midfielders strong enough to handle the opposition midfield?

IMO he's not and Delph & Westwood are not so he would not solve our midfield problems, probably make them even worse while granted offer up a few assists.

We already have the most powderpuff midfield in the league...

If Lambert plans to play his narrow diamond with him in the hole we'd get slaughtered on the flanks, it just won't work

Â