Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

All we are doing is what the big teams have done to us so many times. 

Put in a derisory bid to further destabilise the player in question and show we are serious, get him to hand in a transfer request, then sit back.

Im sure there will be an improved bid later that will be looked at more favorably as the players head will hopefully be turned.

If you start with your maximum bid you will have no room for maneuver!

Edited by Nigel

thats fine mate. I was just making examples. If we go on to spend money then great.. dont have a problem with low balling to get a good price. But if were low balling because we have 2 million to spend this January then we really do have big problems. Last January we were in a worse position and we spend money on a shit loan and a french division 2 player. Rubbish. I hope we do more this time around but i just cant see it.

I doubt we will spend big. So it’s up to Lambert to get the best value possible with the money.

He can either continue taking punts on cheap promising players or take on punt on reviving experienced players. For example we would likley get Defour permanently and Eduardo Varga on loan for less than £3million. We would have 2 players with a lot of ability and experience but who would need a manger to get the best out of them. There are lots of options out there. Hollahan was an optiopn but this looks unlikely now.

Edited by Villastine

That statement is just a piss of avfc we arent selling him type thing.

I think it's akin to a canary making itself look big just before being ripped to shreds by a lion :P

Seems like transfer business with Norwich always has to be like this. Where on earth did they get the idea they are top negotiators skilled at playing hardball?

And that Delia Smith always seems so nice and homely...

(Well, most of the time...

arts-graphics-2008_1064126a.jpg)

cant believe people moaning about an opening bid. obviously not business people or have a clue about how to make

bids

Yep, never go in with your big bid first.

Which can be replied to as 'never accept a first offer.' :P

Seems like transfer business with Norwich always has to be like this. Where on earth did they get the idea they are top negotiators skilled at playing hardball?

And that Delia Smith always seems so nice and homely...

(Well, most of the time...

arts-graphics-2008_1064126a.jpg)

Looks like Jim Davidson there  :D

• Like 4

1. He's sent verbal and written transfer request which Hughton and the club have ignored/denied. He's waiting on #avfc to make an official move

2. Been informed that Wes Hoolahan has travelled home to Dublin in an attempt to force a move to #avfc.

Â