Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

I think our mines are more grenades thrown by Norwich. Theyre going to be petty and leak out stories like the £750k story. These are delicate times for Lambo FA cup comments and all.

In comparison, Norwich do have the bigger minefield to navigate, we have bear traps.... and grenades.

Yeah I'll buy that analogy. Grenades :)

cant believe people moaning about an opening bid. obviously not business people or have a clue about how to make bids

If you wanted to buy Ronaldo, would you start with a bid of 750k?

That's not even close to being a valid comparison though, is it?

The underlying concept is the same. If a player's worth substantially more than the starting bid, chances are the bid will be considered derisory and rejected outright - not to mention that it will reflect badly on the bidding club.

750k is absolute peanuts in today's market. A decent Premier League player like Hoolahan is easily worth double that, if not more.

even if the player has handed in a transfer request,  or is about to? plus if you start at 1.5M there is nowhere to go from that is there?

Why not try and get him for less FFS.  I am a huge critic of Lerner and the way he runs the club with Faulkner but even i have no issues with that

cant believe people moaning about an opening bid. obviously not business people or have a clue about how to make bids

That's ridiculous, when buying a house do you give then exactly what they're asking for?

Of course not, but I wouldn't start with a bid that's less than half of the amount the seller's looking for.

I think I'm valuing Hoolahan a lot more than people on here are...

• Like 1

I think its more because we dont have much of a budget so were low balling to save coin. If we offer 6 million on Defour then it wont matter.. but we all know that wont happen. I am more pissed about the possibility that the budget is going to be like last January. I hope not but i think Randy just doesnt care anymore.

Sell up Randy.

We don't know how much Norwich value Hoolahan at. So we make a low bid to gauge the reaction. If it's too low they tell us and if it's too high they accept straight away and we possible overpay.

Edited by packoman

We don't know how much Norwich value Hoolahan at. So we make a low bid to gauge the reaction. If it's too low they tell us and if it's too high they accept straight away and we possible overpay.

That's a good point I guess, although I'm guessing Wes himself isn't too chuffed at being valued at 750k.

No transfer requests received this season - McNally

CITY can confirm no transfer requests have been received from any players this season. 

Chief Executive David McNally said: “The Club’s focus is on improving the squad during this transfer window.” 

He commented: “As we’ve always said, no players will be sold against our will. We’ve received no transfer requests this season and have no intention of releasing any of our senior players. 

“Our focus this January, as with every transfer window, is very much on improving the squad.”

You put in a bid and from that point on there is only one way to go and it's not reducing the bid is it.

Lambert will have as good an idea as anyone outside of the Norwich heirarchy of how highly Norwich value the player and considering it's a couple of seasons on and he's not in the team and older than when Lambert was there then why not bid what we have to test the waters.

It's called negotiation -  otherwise it would simply be called shopping.

• Like 1

Didn't understand that one.

He was sold for 80M, Real Madrid probably started at 60M to avoid reaching 100M. If you raise 750k with 1/3 you end up at 1M, which seems about right for a 31 year old not good enough for Norwich at the moment.

Dont get his ' he isnt good enough for Norwich'  I would go as far to say he is their best player and if you read the Norwich forums this will come accross.  Its just that Houghton doesnt see it and he is getting slated for it.  Everyone else can see it bar him.

• Like 2

I think its more because we dont have much of a budget so were low balling to save coin. If we offer 6 million on Defour then it wont matter.. but we all know that wont happen. I am more pissed about the possibility that the budget is going to be like last January. I hope not but i think Randy just doesnt care anymore.

Sell up Randy.

Thats exactly what it is for me.  If you cant afford 1-2 mill for an experienced prem player then you shouldnt own a prem club. 

That ends nothing.

Against their will means bugger all other than if we are happy to do the deal we will do it.  if we're not then we won't.

A lot can influence that including the player hading in a transfer request and Villa upping any offer made to one whcih is acceptable to Norwich.  It doesn't surprise me that he hasn't handed in a trasnfer request as that is usually a last resort to try and push a trasnfer through, otherwise you tend to lose your loyatly bonuses.

• Like 1

That ends nothing.

Against their will means bugger all other than if we are happy to do the deal we will do it.  if we're not then we won't.

A lot can influence that including the player hading in a transfer request and Villa upping any offer made to one whcih is acceptable to Norwich.  It doesn't surprise me that he hasn't handed in a trasnfer request as that is usually a last resort to try and push a trasnfer through, otherwise you tend to lose your loyatly bonuses.

Norwich are playing the same game as us. We try to keep the price down, they are just trying to push up the price.

• Like 1

Didn't understand that one.

He was sold for 80M, Real Madrid probably started at 60M to avoid reaching 100M. If you raise 750k with 1/3 you end up at 1M, which seems about right for a 31 year old not good enough for Norwich at the moment.

Dont get his ' he isnt good enough for Norwich'  I would go as far to say he is their best player and if you read the Norwich forums this will come accross.  Its just that Houghton doesnt see it and he is getting slated for it.  Everyone else can see it bar him.

HUghton is not fond of playing players with technical ability in centre midfield. Last season he rotated Pilkington adn Hoolahan and never trustd both together

That's ridiculous, when buying a house do you give then exactly what they're asking for?

The opening offer is there to find the middle ground.

yes - well, almost.

Edit: well and truly beaten to it

Edited by fightoffyour

Time to move on i think

Norwich are clearly not going to sell him at what we value him at and will want stupid money would rather go for other targets for the money they will be asking for

1.5 mill is enough for a 31 year old no more

Edited by AshVilla

Sell up Randy.

There’s no point in paying over the odds for players.

Wes Hoolahan is not worth any more than £1million. He will have no resale vlaue.

And Defour is worth nowhere near £6million!  He is a bench warmer at Porto. £3million would be generous.

Sell up Randy.

There’s no point in paying over the odds for players.

Wes Hoolahan is not worth any more than £1million. He will have no resale vlaue.

And Defour is worth nowhere near £6million!  He is a bench warmer at Porto. £3million would be generous.

yeah thats fine mate. I was just making examples. If we go on to spend money then great.. dont have a problem with low balling to get a good price. But if were low balling because we have 2 million to spend this January then we really do have big problems. Last January we were in a worse position and we spend money on a shit loan and a french division 2 player. Rubbish. I hope we do more this time around but i just cant see it.

Â