Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

The Mirror are reporting the transfer request story now, too - they actually published theirs a few minutes before Kendrick: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-norwichs-2998860?

Edit: The Telegraph, also: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/norwich-city/10556729/Wes-Hoolahan-keen-to-join-former-manager-Paul-Lambert-at-Aston-Villa-after-handing-in-transfer-request.html

Edited by postdeath

The fact that people are moaning about this hypothetical bid is actually hilarious. 

For 750k....I can't see a single negative.

A) He arrives for 750k-1M, he instantly goes into the first team, our form improves as a result = success

B) He arrives for 750k-1M, he becomes a squad player who starts against certain opponents and offers us something different off the bench now and then = success

C) He arrives for 750k-1M, he doesn't have an enormous influence on the pitch, but has some effect off it = partial success

D) He arrives for 750k-1M, he looks useless, he doesn't have an effect off the pitch = Ah well it was only 750k-1M anyway! Worth a punt! Sell him on for 500k-750k in 12 months time.

Jesus wept. We've had plenty of experienced players in their 30s who have come in to do a fantastic job, Berger, Ronny Johnson to name a couple. Cost hardly anything, filled a gap.

And the fact that some people are MOANING about us making a mid makes me realise, sincerely, that some of you are unpleasable, Utterly thankless task running this club. I thought my grandad was bad.

So my original theory about the 'embargo' on the story was true then, seems like Mick Dennis is a bit of a sour grape. We'll see in time I guess, sorry for the pessimism regarding funds guys, times are hard for us right now :(

Hope we get him in and that he can do a job for us.

• Like 1

The fact that people are moaning about this hypothetical bid is actually hilarious. 

A) He arrives for 750k-1M, he instantly goes into the first team, our form improves as a result = success

B) He arrives for 750k-1M, he becomes a squad player who starts against certain opponents and offers us something different off the bench now and then = success

C) He arrives for 750k-1M, he doesn't have an enormous influence on the pitch, but has some effect off it = partial success

D) He arrives for 750k-1M, he looks useless, he doesn't have an effect off the pitch = Ah well it was only 750k-1M anyway! Worth a punt! Sell him on for 500k-750k in 12 months time.

Jesus wept. We've had plenty of experienced players in their 30s who have come in to do a fantastic job, Berger, Ronny Johnson to name a couple. Cost hardly anything, filled a gap.

And the fact that some people are MOANING about us making a mid makes me realise, sincerely, that some of you are unpleasable, Utterly thankless task running this club. I thought my grandad was bad.

The negative being we cant afford another player whos gonna do f**** all what ever the cost, we have nearly a full team already!

I think most were saying

E) We bid 750k, a derisory offer, Norwich refuse to go any further with negotiations and we miss out on him because our offer was taking the p***. If we could get him for that amount, brilliant. It would be a steal.

I think £1.5 million is closer to getting him. If that's the real bid and he has put in a transfer request we might be in luck.

The negative being we cant afford another player whos gonna do f**** all what ever the cost, we have nearly a full team already!

We have no-one in that no. 10 role, our bench looks shockingly short of game changers at times. At least this is someone who could come on to actually affect a game.

I remember game in the early MON days...it was Watford, £5 in. We were 0-0 I think against a stubborn Watford team. He stuck on Patrick Berger for Angel on 72 mins, much to the disgust of the crowd (me included in fairness). Within 5 minutes we were looking more effective at breaking them down, we won the game 2-0. I see Hoolalan being the equivalent sort of player. He won't play away against the sky 4 where we rely on pacey counter attacking. He'll be used at home, as an option, against your Crystal Palaces, Stokes, Albions..

Edited by Djemba_Villan

I think most were saying

E) We bid 750k, a derisory offer, Norwich refuse to go any further with negotiations and we miss out on him because our offer was taking the p***. If we could get him for that amount, brilliant. It would be a steal.

I think £1.5 million is closer to getting him. If that's the real bid and he has put in a transfer request we might be in luck.

How do you know 750k (if true) is derisory? When you play FM, do you make an educated judgement on a players worth, bid that, or do you do what 99.9999% of other humans do in that instance, bid less than that just in case they accept. Norwich will negotiate our bid anyway, might as well start low. For this sort of player, most teams have an option, even the crap teams, so I can't see there being lots of competition.

Pros

Bargain at £1.5m

Experienced

Will help the youngsters along nicely and has been skipper for Norwich before.

Clever player, works into space well and will create chances for the team.

Should get us passing the ball along the floor from mid to striker more, means less hoofball!!!!!! (IMPORTANT)

Scores and assists goals.

Cons

None in my eyes...

Le go paul... bring him in and move onto Rincon or Defour, Wells and a new Center half on loan... Would sort us for this season!

Edited by Mattyp_avfc
  • Like 1

Â