Steven Defour

Avflife

hes a deep lying play maker. Actually has good tackling statistics too. Hoolahan would be as well as Defour i would imagine. Our shit % in possession is down to our awful midfield and i think Paul is trying to recognise that. I hope. Hoolahan alone will not make much of a difference.

hes a deep lying play maker. Actually has good tackling statistics too. Hoolahan would be as well as Defour i would imagine. Our shit % in possession is down to our awful midfield and i think Paul is trying to recognise that. I hope. Hoolahan alone will not make much of a difference.

I still think our possession is crap because our MIDs stand too close together and pass it backwards and sideways because NONE of the forwards move into space so no option but to do risky pass or back to Def/Guzan and HOOF!!!

• Like 3

I still think our possession is crap because our MIDs stand too close together and pass it backwards and sideways because NONE of the forwards move into space so no option but to do risky pass or back to Def/Guzan and HOOF!!!

Agreed, possession stats can be very misleading which is why I really don't read too much into them. As Kiwi says this is our football, short nothing passes until there is nowhere to go and then backwards, HOOF.

I wish we could have both WH and SD but I doubt we have the money to buy either let alone both.

Yeah not sure Westwood is too much to blame for our possession stats. Although he hasn't been great this year at all in general he is fairly tidy on the ball.

Bigger issue by far is that our forwards have dreadful movement and technique so as soon as we progress with the ball on the floor we lose it.

Weimann has lost any semblance of first touch. 

Tonev is still learning how to protect that ball against far stronger and more capable defenders than he has faced in the past.

Kozak is still learning how to protect that ball against far stronger and more capable defenders than he has faced in the past.

Gabby holds it up well and turns his man brilliantly once every 7/8 games in the other games (see Weimann above)

Benteke has been injured/out of form/targeted by defenders as someone the need to hit hard and early. He is yet to find a solution to this problem.

If we solve some of these issues maybe by bringing a more technical player like Hoolahan into the advanced areas of the pitch then our ball retention will improve. Don't see what difference a deep lying play maker will make.

Can't say I know much about him.

But when we were constantly linked with him when MON was in charge I was very much under the impression he was a defensive midfielder.

Whilst I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good signing, I think we have enough defensive (or at least deep lying) midfielders in the team already without buying another one. Money would be better spent elsewhere.

his agent said nothing will be done for 8 days. So long time before this one is put to bed unless Villa come out and deny it. They did with Belhanda etc.. so i am a bit suprised Kendrick hasnt knocked it back yet

He is good but if he wants crazy money (by our standard), move along. I don't want another long drawn out process to ultimately have him leave for another club. If he isn't excited about wearing the Villa shirt from the beginning, don't pursue him. We need players who would jump at the chance to be part of Lambert's future plans for the club not someone who just wants a bigger paycheck. We already have a few of those on loan and one in the reserves. 

I beg to differ,

we want players we are grateful to get, not players who are grateful to come to us, because by definition, they are poorer players than we already have.

there is a culture in all departments of the team to not moving in to space.

This "myth" that is rolled out "I can't fault the effort" just watch them "off" the ball, they may as well have an extra pocket sewn in to their shorts for THEIR season ticket.

He is good but if he wants crazy money (by our standard), move along. I don't want another long drawn out process to ultimately have him leave for another club. If he isn't excited about wearing the Villa shirt from the beginning, don't pursue him. We need players who would jump at the chance to be part of Lambert's future plans for the club not someone who just wants a bigger paycheck. We already have a few of those on loan and one in the reserves. 

I beg to differ,

we want players we are grateful to get, not players who are grateful to come to us, because by definition, they are poorer players than we already have.

PS Most of  the players in the lower divisions would die to come to us.....we want players WE would die to get.

PPS And there are some that fit both catergories its all down to spotting them.

Edited by TRO

How accurate is transfer markt?  Has his street value at £7m with 2 and a half years left on his contract.

makes him sound like we are buying cocaine instead of a footballer :P

I figure that for 7 million you can buy every season ticket holder a gram of coke for each remaining home fixture this season. It might liven the place up a bit! :D

How accurate is transfer markt?  Has his street value at £7m with 2 and a half years left on his contract.

makes him sound like we are buying cocaine instead of a footballer :P

I figure that for 7 million you can buy every season ticket holder a gram of coke for each remaining home fixture this season. It might liven the place up a bit! :D

Helanius will sort you out.

• Like 2

Â