Steven Defour

Avflife

If we do manage to get him, it would be the biggest signing we've made since Darren Bent.

Porto bought him for 5m, and he's a bench warmer there. If we can pick him up for a similar amount, RL should sanction the funds asap.

Could give Benteke a lift also, having another Belgium international in the squad.

Brum Mail are reporting that we're trying to sign Defour AND Hoolahan. Probably rubbish though.

That would make a lot of sense, saying we don't have anyone in the squad to play this role and then only getting one and no cover would mean we'd still in the same position if unlucky with injury.

Ideal world we'd get 2 players in, one as cover for the other. Not sure we'll manage to get Defour and Hoolahan though. Also doubt we'll actually get 2 players for the posiiton in Jan. I would LOVE to be wrong about that though.

• Like 1

Yes, it will be one or the other you'd think. Doubt we'd sign two to play in the same position. And we all know which one of the two it will almost certainly be.

I’ve had time to reflect on this rumour now and there is zero chance in my opinion of him signing for Villa.

Dream on.

What a totally dogshit football club we are nowadays.

#depressed

I really hope we sign him even more now just to show posts like this up.

• Like 1

We should sign Porto's scouts..that club has made a absolute fortune buying and selling players on !!

On topic both him and Hoolahan sounds plausuable based on are friend with the non smooth hands comments.

• Like 3

Defour plays the Westwood role don't he not No.10?

He plays as a No. 10 for Belgium though and Lambert basically suggested that's the role he would be targeting him for.

• Like 1

Â