Steven Defour

Avflife

Would love to see defour at villa but I only see it as agent talk to drum up interest in him from other clubs

Almost certainly. Strange that his agent won't reveal the identities of his other suitors despite them supposedly being in the same boat as us.

That said, shit atmosphere and boos at half-time. Hmm not sure if he'd want to come...

Yep. It's those bastard fans that are at fault again  :rolleyes:

Well we sure as hell don't help.

I'd be willing to bet good money that the fans come so far down a list of a players demands and needs when considering a transfer that they are irrelevant, I'd go so far as to say they don't feature at all.

Which makes this a rather poor pop at thousands of people who pay obscene money week on week to watch their team serve up painfully poor performances, a situation that has gone on too long.

If we were prepared to pay for Steven Defour, and we were prepared to pay what he wanted, and no-one more attractive showed any interest (by which I mean more successful, 'bigger', more glamourous in essence) we would, right now, probably have him in our services, even with our supposedly shitty atmosphere and boo-boy fans.

The fact of the matter is we aren't prepared for any of that, so we won't. Nothing to do with the fans.

• Like 2

I think any player that's played in most European countries will find the atmosphere shit at all English grounds. Probably much to their surprise given the premier leagues hype.

I don't know, some of the Italian grounds are dreadful...

I think any player that's played in most European countries will find the atmosphere shit at all English grounds. Probably much to their surprise given the premier leagues hype.

I notice that fans at grounds in places like Germany and Poland etc the fans sing and chant regardless of what is happening on the field. Whether a team scores or is defending for 90 mins there is the same chant over and over the whole time. 

At English grounds however the atmosphere seems to reflect what is happening on the pitch. If a team is doing poorly the fans are silent but if the team gets on top for a bit the fans start going berserk encouraging the play to continue. 

People from England dont realise how big a move to the premier league is for a foreigner. It is a big pull to make it in the big league. Schalke wont win the CL this season. They wont win the league and they will be lucky to make the top 4 where they are at the moment. They may make Europa League but i think an Premier League dream is bigger. So no. Not on crack. Just realise what a pull the Premier League is.

Brainwashed by $ky if you believe that old baloney. 

I do think people at English grounds tend to be more interested in the actual game and the dynamics of it. Palace are the only team here who's fans chant throughout.

I agree some Italian grounds can be bad along with Spanish.

People from England dont realise how big a move to the premier league is for a foreigner. It is a big pull to make it in the big league. Schalke wont win the CL this season. They wont win the league and they will be lucky to make the top 4 where they are at the moment. They may make Europa League but i think an Premier League dream is bigger. So no. Not on crack. Just realise what a pull the Premier League is.

I dont have Sky. I am not from England. Ask any Australian player or pretty much any other player besides England which league they would prefer it would be Spain or England. It is watched by more people than our own A League. Everyone has a Premier League team. Its massive. All around the world it is a big competition with a big reputation.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 2

Got a friend in Turkey that's a galatasaray season ticket holder and said if we go to a game there you will sing because you have no choice lol, he's also sends pics of a normal league games it looks like they take every game like the champions league final

I do think people at English grounds tend to be more interested in the actual game and the dynamics of it. Palace are the only team here who's fans chant throughout.

I agree some Italian grounds can be bad along with Spanish.

Palace had to sing all game to make up for their 10 strong turnout of fans that come to vp boxing day

He'll go to Schalke if there's genuine interest. Remember Prince Boateng was a regular for Meelan and he left them to join Schalke.

Wasn't there somebody on here acting like Boateng was a realistic target a couple of weeks ago?

I dont have Sky. I am not from England. Ask any Australian player or pretty much any other player besides England which league they would prefer it would be Spain or England. It is watched by more people than our own A League. Everyone has a Premier League team. Its massive. All around the world it is a big competition with a big reputation.

Pretty sure the first question he'll ask is how much tax will he have to pay if he comes here.

• Like 1

He'll go to Schalke if there's genuine interest. Remember Prince Boateng was a regular for Meelan and he left them to join Schalke.

Wasn't there somebody on here acting like Boateng was a realistic target a couple of weeks ago?

Mata, Essien, de bruyne, Ronaldinho etc..

Â