Steven Defour

Avflife

Can't see us signing him, would like to be proved wrong as he certainly would be an exciting addition but too many times we've been linked to these types.

This reminds me of when we were linked to Miguel Veloso under MON, whatever happened to him? Similar hype of that player and he doesn't seem to have amounted to much.

So Defour on his own wouldn't be the saviour.

Interesting article from a belgian paper. Apologies for the google transalation.

Steven Defour decides according to his manager about a week where his future lies . An ancient feud between Aston Villa coach Paul Lambert and his former club Norwich may well backfire on the Red Devil . Would favorably

As is known Norwich midfielder Wes Hoolahan in pole position to strengthen . Midfield Aston Villa Trainer Paul Lambert prefers indeed a player with Premier League experience over someone from a foreign league . According to Daily Express refused 'The Canaries ' just launched a bid for the club from Birmingham . Hoolahan would this transfer request submitted . The problem is that Paul Lambert still is at odds with Norwich , where he and French doors , and even threatened with a lawsuit . This seems 'The Canaries ' not wanting to work right away on a transfer .

All this may be good news for Steven Defour . The Red Devil is held by Aston Villa on hand in case the transfer of Hoolahan is canceled . Defour would like to take over his immediate future . Decision in a week The 25 -year-old midfielder arrives at Porto little playing time and wants to safeguard his World Cup chances . Anderlecht also continues to insist that the former Standard- captain

I don't know which of the two would be more beneficial to us. Yes, WH has the experience of playing in the Prem, but I can't help thinking Defour would have a twofold effect on the side. As well as bringing his own skills to the table, he could have a much-needed influence on our other Belgian.

Just, the more this seems to play out, the more it sounds a million miles from happening.

Interesting article from a belgian paper. Apologies for the google transalation.

Steven Defour decides according to his manager about a week where his future lies . An ancient feud between Aston Villa coach Paul Lambert and his former club Norwich may well backfire on the Red Devil . Would favorably

:D

• Like 2

Only Paul Lambert would prefer Hoolahan to Defour.

Has anyone confirmed where Defour plays?

Because if my knowledge is correct (which it very VERY well may not be) and he's a DM, then I'd be totally behind signing Hoolahan over Defour, regardless of cost.

We don't need another deeplying midfielder. We need something going forward.

Houlston is right, he played further forward at Standard Liege and does for Belgium sometimes, but he has moved back abit for his club since. I think he could play the deep lying playmaker as a box to box midfielder or as an attacking midfielder.

He's abit like Sneijder in his Ajax days, before he got all cocky and refused to do anything other than play as a no.10, a good passer with abit of energy and creatviity but isn't afraid to get stuck in.

The only gamble is whether he can adapt and step up to the prem.

Â