Steven Defour

Avflife

I admire the optimism Den, but do you really believe that? To hide business you'd need to be actually targeting a bigger player than this one. There's no way we're looking at anyone higher up the food chain than Defour. I know he hasn't been the same since he broke his leg, but he's still a quality player.

Doug used to do the same, we would be linked with Juninho and then end up with nothing, I just think it keeps the fans feeling good, then we just couldn't reach terms with Porto... When all along we were looking at somebody on cheap wages.

Cheers, just read the articles, think the one is Bild is more reputable.

Bild and reputable? Now I've heard it all! :D

The Bild is the german equivalent of the Sun...says it all really. Although they were quite early to call one of our previous transfers under lambert IIRC.

• Like 1

I admire the optimism Den, but do you really believe that? To hide business you'd need to be actually targeting a bigger player than this one. There's no way we're looking at anyone higher up the food chain than Defour. I know he hasn't been the same since he broke his leg, but he's still a quality player.

Doug used to do the same, we would be linked with Juninho and then end up with nothing, I just think it keeps the fans feeling good, then we just couldn't reach terms with Porto... When all along we were looking at somebody on cheap wages.

Tbf Juninho actually went to Villa Park, the Mail at the time had some snaps of him going in.

Can't see why he would join the villa.

Because he wants first team football. He nearly joined Anderlecht in the summer so His wage demands are within our range.

He has been a flop in Portugal especially since his injury and in fairness would represent a risk.

If we want to sign him then a deal is possible.

“Aston Villa have let it be known that they are interested in Defour,” the midfielder’s agent Paul Stefani revealed.

“It is not yet concrete, and it is the same story for other clubs that I can’t name.

“Steven is certainly open to joining an attractive club on condition that they offer him more playing time than he has at present.

“He’s not unhappy at Porto but he needs to be playing regularly with an eye on the World Cup.”

Why can he name us but not others?

Because he’s using us to drum up business of clubs he really wants to go to.

Or we are using Devour to hide other business.

To make sure noone snaps Hoolahan lol

Don't think this is out the realms of possibility at all but can only see him coming with the assurance more quality will be bought in alongside him. Especially a midfield enforcer as we will be/already are too lightweight in the middle of the park.

This will not happen due to three things, he's recently got back in the Porto side and scored at the weekend. Second a big problem is the cost of the whole deal, 3rd he is partially owned which makes the deal even more complicated.

That was a cup game against opposition at the bottom of the table in the league below, the Porto side had wholesale changes. Looking at their recent league games he isn't part of their starting 11 and usually gets brought on around the 60th min as a sub if at all.

This will not happen due to three things, he's recently got back in the Porto side and scored at the weekend. Second a big problem is the cost of the whole deal, 3rd he is partially owned which makes the deal even more complicated.

That was a cup game against opposition at the bottom of the table in the league below, the Porto side had wholesale changes. Looking at their recent league games he isn't part of their starting 11 and usually gets brought on around the 60th min as a sub if at all.

Okay look at the second two points. The partially owned is a big sticking point.

Okay look at the second two points. The partially owned is a big sticking point.

Not disagreeing with either of those points, just thought the first could do with clarifying.

Hopefully Lerner will have realised by now if you want quality you have to pay for it, so if it does all come down to the money then fingers crossed.

ratingTextUndefined

Â