The Thread of Dreams

Spoony

Had a dream I was buying some donuts and for an extra 5p I could try a sample of a new flavor they had coming out, I agreed to pay the extra 5p but when they put the sample on the counter someone walked past and took a bite out of it and then put it back, the woman behind the counter shouted "oi!", I wasn't bothered at first but then I realized I couldn't eat the rest of it and  suddenly felt helpless and that there was nothing I could do about it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had a Villa dream last night. It was Villa v Wolves. We were losing 3-0 in stoppage time and scored three times to tie the game, LOL. Then at the very end, Jack won it with a brilliant bending shot into the top far corner, but it was overruled by VAR!

On 17/06/2020 at 09:44, mjmooney said:

I wonder if I will ever, ever be rid of the school/university exam anxiety dreams? 45 or so years on, and they still haunt me.  

:(

I kept having a recurring dream that there was one course at uni I just didn't bother going to any lectures for, and I knew I was completely **** for the exam. Sometimes worry about it for a second because it's so vivid, before I realise there was no such course and even if there was that's all ancient history now.

qq5w00xosgm21.jpg

Edited by fightoffyour

On 17/04/2020 at 01:32, HanoiVillan said:

Has anyone ever killed anyone in their dreams?

Haven't been sure whether to share this or not, because it definitely makes me sound like a psycho, but two nights ago I put three people to death using an electric chair, and then stabbed a man repeatedly to death with a knife. Never known anything like it, and woke up feeling really awful. I thought maybe I was coming down with corona fever, but nothing else is different.

Not great.

Not actually killed anybody but been very concerned about the police finding a buried body near to where I used to live which indicates I committed the crime as in the dream I was worried about getting caught, that also seem to be one or more locations for these bodies. I get this every 6 to 8 weeks without fail

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

I very rarely remember my dreams. Sometimes I wake up and I know I’ve dreamt about someone, usually someone from my past. But it’s nearly always abstract and not a coherent narrative.

Having said that, I can remember dreaming about Jessie J years ago (who is not one of my exes). Sadly it wasn’t particularly racy, we were seeing each other but she asked that we keep it quiet from the media for the time being. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Not actually killed anybody but been very concerned about the police finding a buried body near to where I used to live which indicates I committed the crime as in the dream I was worried about getting caught, that also seem to be one or more locations for these bodies. I get this every 6 to 8 weeks without fail

Sounds stressful . . .

41 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sounds stressful . . .

I know what will happen now, I will see one of the blokes on your avatar doing the killing and I will be burying and hiding them🤦‍♂️

• 4 weeks later...

Had a dream I was sitting in some sort of waiting room/lobby and for some reason I really liked the look of it, so decided to look around, I looked over my shoulder to see what was behind me and it suddenly dawned on me that I'd never done that in a dream before and that realization made me realize that I was aware that I was dreaming, so I got up to have a look around, I came to a flight of stairs but decided not to descend as there was no bannister.

When I woke up I thought I probably wasn't really aware that I was dreaming as such because I had no recollection of my waking life in the dream, so I kind of just dreamed that I was aware that I was dreaming.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Last night I dreamt a woman I used to work knocked my door to ask if she could borrow an egg.

She was in my kitchen and I was embarrassed at how messy it was and that I couldn't find the eggs.

For some reason, I realised I was dreaming (probably because I always know exactly where I keep my eggs).

Obviously, I immediately suggested fun times with my ex-colleague. We were stood there, smooching in my hallway, when she removed her smashing blouse...and turned in to her bearded husband, Stewart.

image.jpeg.8f2b339ba72c9a3c772a3b1123f580f8.jpeg

"I had the same dream.." 

• Haha 2

Realising I’m having a dream is something that does occasionally happen to me, but I never seem to take advantage of it. I never suddenly start flying or Lily James doesn’t knock on the door and asks me to watch her try on the lingerie she’s just bought. 

What happens is something in the dream will seem “off” and then I’ll realise it’s a dream then have a sense of “oh this no longer matters anymore...as you were.” And I go into a sort of autopilot mode, don’t know how else to describe it. I don’t really “control” the dream, if you know what I mean. It just plays out more or less as I assume it would have done.

• Like 1

I've probably already posted this on here before but I have a recurring dream, will dream it 4 or 5 times a year (that I remember) probably. 

It's basically witnessing an airplane crash. Never being involved in it, just witnessing it.

Usually it's just a normal passanger airline but sometimes it's a futuristic spacecraft, sometimes a weird experimental type looking aircraft, often cumbersome looking. 

It's always just after takeoff when it just goes out of control, starts looping or veering then just crashes, usually into a city where you don't see much aftermath but sometimes into open fields where you see it explode. 

No idea why I keep dreaming this and it's never put me off flying....... Though if anyone tried to get me into a cumbersome looking experimental aircraft I would probably decline. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've probably already posted this on here before but I have a recurring dream, will dream it 4 or 5 times a year (that I remember) probably. 

It's basically witnessing an airplane crash. Never being involved in it, just witnessing it.

Usually it's just a normal passanger airline but sometimes it's a futuristic spacecraft, sometimes a weird experimental type looking aircraft, often cumbersome looking. 

It's always just after takeoff when it just goes out of control, starts looping or veering then just crashes, usually into a city where you don't see much aftermath but sometimes into open fields where you see it explode. 

No idea why I keep dreaming this and it's never put me off flying....... Though if anyone tried to get me into a cumbersome looking experimental aircraft I would probably decline. 

I've just googled it and dreaming about witnessing a plane crash seems quite common by the looks of it.

There are interpretations about what it means, but I've never known whether dream interpretation is a load of nonsense or not.

I have a recurring one where I find hidden rooms in my house or have sudden realisations like "We should start using that other kitchen more, it's three times the size of this one" or "This 70 inch TV is just sat here. Why don't we set it up in the spare living room?". I then wake up in my little terraced house.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I have a recurring one where I find hidden rooms in my house or have sudden realisations like "We should start using that other kitchen more, it's three times the size of this one" or "This 70 inch TV is just sat here. Why don't we set it up in the spare living room?". I then wake up in my little terraced house.

On a similar theme to this:

I am living in a house that used to belong to my grandparents. My great-aunt used to live in the house next door. Before I moved to this house, I used to dream about it, and specifically I used to dream that I discovered another floor to it, with a load of rooms, and a passage between them that I crawled through. Then I would get to the other house, and something would be wrong or creepy and I'd want to try to retreat back through the passage.

Amongst the many reasons this is a stupid dream is that they are both detached houses, but anyway yeah, dreaming of extra house is something I can relate to.

• Like 1

I know the question was asked yonks ago but yeah, I quite regularly have dreams where I kill someone, never the same person, not always someone I dislike, there is no rhyme or reason to it, I very rarely feel guilty about it in my dream either, had a dream not long back that I killed my boss with Wolverine style claws and then killed 3 other people with a pen when they tried to help her, I've recently started keeping a dream diary again as well, I just wake up and scribble down what it was regardless of what time I wake up at, some of them are pretty **** bizarre, others are pretty **** up.

Last night was one of my more normal(ish) dreams, I had a pet badger, he had a little vest and a hat, his name was Bonza and he had plastic teeth.

Â