The Thread of Dreams

Spoony

Edit: I can't remember any recent interesting dreams, so I'll just say it's not weird stuff happening that often make my dreams feel unusual but rather a strange uncanny atmosphere that can't really be described in words.

Edited by useless

Last night I dreamt that fish fingers didn’t exist. I was explaining them to people but nobody knew what I was taking about.

Then a postman handed a bin bag full of rare old Villa shirts that I’d won on eBay.

I woke up disappointed that I didn’t have a bin bag full of Villa shirts, but glad that I was in a world that had fish fingers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Last night I dreamt that fish fingers didn’t exist. I was explaining them to people but nobody knew what I was taking about.

Then a postman handed a bin bag full of rare old Villa shirts that I’d won on eBay.

I woke up disappointed that I didn’t have a bin bag full of Villa shirts, but glad that I was in a world that had fish fingers.

Replace "fish fingers" with "The Beatles" and you've got Yesterday, which you watched a few nights ago :lol: 

Dunno about the villa bit though, you idiot. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Replace "fish fingers" with "The Beatles" and you've got Yesterday, which you watched a few nights ago :lol: 

Dunno about the villa bit though, you idiot. 

I wish I lived in a world where that film didn’t exist, amirite?

One of my favourite programmes is homes under the hammer, the other night I dreamt I’d bought a hairdressers shop with 2 bedroom flat above. I was negotiating with the manager for a slight discount if she rented the flat off me.

I was really gutted when I woke up and it wasn’t real.

13 hours ago, bickster said:

Oh hell yes I hear ya bro

He loves The Beatles and has pictures up of them on his wall.  I think his dad must be John Lennon or something (more like Ringo, because he's a bit of an idiot HAHA).

23 hours ago, Genie said:

One of my favourite programmes is homes under the hammer, the other night I dreamt I’d bought a hairdressers shop with 2 bedroom flat above. I was negotiating with the manager for a slight discount if she rented the flat off me.

I was really gutted when I woke up and it wasn’t real.

You want a hairdressers?

• 4 months later...

Had an apocalyptic dream last night where London was overtaken by murderous fascists. I escaped on a train to the Midlands because — and this sounds made-up but it’s what happened — I was wearing my Villa shirt 😃and a sympathetic conductor— who was also wearing a Villa jersey under his jacket 😲— let me pass. 

• Like 2

On 15/12/2020 at 12:21, fightoffyour said:

I kept having a recurring dream that there was one course at uni I just didn't bother going to any lectures for, and I knew I was completely **** for the exam. Sometimes worry about it for a second because it's so vivid, before I realise there was no such course and even if there was that's all ancient history now.

qq5w00xosgm21.jpg

I've had the same dream for years until one night recently I actually got to the point where I found out my grade (I got an 'S' which must mean I was really shit) and since then I haven't had it.  Like my brain has completed that dream and moved on, which is a relief because as you say it's a really vivid one.

• Like 2

I had a dream I was in a nearby town, when I suddenly noticed it getting really windy, there was a commotion and lots of people heading in the direction of the road to the next town, I panicked and thought I'd better leave too, but I decided to take a different route that was a longer walk but less steep and I thought would be less congested with people escaping, but someone stopped me and pointed out a big long twister reaching up to the sky, I then panicked even more and thought 'I'd better just take the shorter route', I then noticed lots of debris swirling high up in the air.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had a dream I was in a kitchen with a bunch of other people, I think it must have been night, as the kitchen was well lit with electric light. With the other people we did this exercise thing where we stood in a circle, interlocked our arms supporting each other so we could all lift both legs up at the same time. It was only when I woke up that I realized that if that had happened we would have been standing in a circle floating, which retrospectively game the dream a slightly scary feel.

• Haha 1

On 13/03/2022 at 05:36, maqroll said:

Ever have a dream where you're this close to getting your leg over but you wake up at the worst possible time?

I have had that dream about 5 times.It brasses me right off,I have even tried going back to sleep again,but that dosent work.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Had a dream I was walking across a bridge over the river, when I'd almost got to the other side bombs started falling, and I became aware that England was under attack, none of the bombs exploded though, one of them fell on it's nose and was balancing upright I panicked and thought 'I better get off the bridge quick', but for some reason I decided to turn around and exit the bridge in the opposite direction I had travelled, I was running and just as I got to the opposite end of the bridge I had a sensation that it was collapsing behind me but I wasn't as panicked as I would have been if this happened in real life.

On 12/03/2022 at 21:36, maqroll said:

Ever have a dream where you're this close to getting your leg over but you wake up at the worst possible time?

At least once a week. And most of the time (not all) the person I'm about to **** is completely bizarre

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Was half was almost dozing when I felt a really evil presence, not a being, but the whole atmosphere in the room change, then my face felt as if it started changing shape by itself as if it was going to issue a really evil laugh, this is when I panicked and started shaking my leg to try and wake up which worked.

Edited by useless
It was some sort of sleep paralysis/night terror episode, I can sometimes wake up from it by trying to move a specific part of my body.

• 3 months later...

I dreamt that I was in some sort of shopping district and had to go down some steps to reach some shops on a lower level. When I got to the the stairs I first noticed that each step had a lot space, they were made of wood, and that they were moving down like an escalator but really slowly, because of the space on the step I decided to sit down, then saw that pretty much everyone else on the escalator was sitting down too, then it just felt really good to be travelling on these steps at such a slow relaxed pace for some reason.

Â