The Thread of Dreams

Spoony

• 1 month later...

Had a dream someone swung at me with a baseball bat, I blocked it with my arm and said in a calm and assured voice something like 'and now I have to tell you that if you try that again it will come back at you twice as hard', they swung at me again and I blocked it again then grabbed him by the collar of his top and threw him right over my head and he went right over the tall wall that was behind me as well. Falling asleep I'd been wondering if I'm strong enough to fight this virus, so think that had something to do with the dream.

I keep seeing the same people in my dreams, all people from my youth. Why do our early life settings and people dominate our dreams over more recent settings and people?

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, useless said:

I often see the people and locations from childhood in my dreams and also I have this thing where relatives in my dreams often appear as I remember them from childhood as well.

Ex girlfriends. Always as they were then, rather than now. (And 'then' was a long time ago for me, so they'd all be at least 60 now). 

7 hours ago, useless said:

I often see the people and locations from childhood in my dreams and also I have this thing where relatives in my dreams often appear as I remember them from childhood as well.

A few dreams of mine have been in my old family home, with slight alterations. But it’s always something that never or would never have happened there 

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else having weird dreams during the lockdown? 
Last couple of nights I’ve had a few strange. One I was with my dad going into a hotel, he was trying to get a bike to hire and I went into the toilet which was flooded everywhere. 
Another involved me setting up some kind of flying club from a public library.

12 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Anyone else having weird dreams during the lockdown? 
Last couple of nights I’ve had a few strange. One I was with my dad going into a hotel, he was trying to get a bike to hire and I went into the toilet which was flooded everywhere. 
Another involved me setting up some kind of flying club from a public library.

I'm dreaming more... or i'm remembering them more. 

Mine tend to be about work colleagues! I dreamt I was working in the London Underground with some of them last night! 

On 14/04/2020 at 20:34, Xela said:

I'm dreaming more... or i'm remembering them more. 

Mine tend to be about work colleagues! I dreamt I was working in the London Underground with some of them last night! 

Do you work with any fitties? 

26 minutes ago, Xela said:

One or two decent fillies there. 

Come on laddie, you know the drill

(and don't say you haven't sneaked the odd sly snap, whilst "testing" your new smartphone's camera !)

download.png

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Has anyone ever killed anyone in their dreams?

Haven't been sure whether to share this or not, because it definitely makes me sound like a psycho, but two nights ago I put three people to death using an electric chair, and then stabbed a man repeatedly to death with a knife. Never known anything like it, and woke up feeling really awful. I thought maybe I was coming down with corona fever, but nothing else is different.

Not great.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Haven't been sure whether to share this or not, because it definitely makes me sound like a psycho, but two nights ago I put three people to death using an electric chair, and then stabbed a man repeatedly to death with a knife. Never known anything like it, and woke up feeling really awful. I thought maybe I was coming down with corona fever, but nothing else is different.

Not great.

Your name is now with the police 😝

• 1 month later...

We'd stolen top secret Russian folding pedal bikes. We were going to collect snails for escargot by a river next to a large funfair we'd pedalled through to get there.

On 17/04/2020 at 01:32, HanoiVillan said:

Not great.

Lay off the mini babybels before bed!

• 4 weeks later...

Dreamt I was in a shopping mall and noticed along the way one of the main walkways was in darkness, then remembered a couple of years ago there had been some sort powercut that caused everywhere to lose electricity for a while, in my waking state I realise that that doesn't explain why the the lights were off in my dream but I think my mind in it's sleeping state at that moment couldn't differentiate between the past and the present, so the lights being out because of powercut that happened two years previous seemed logical to me.

The main thing that happened was in an area that was lit up, I suddenly realised I was going to fall and for some reason decided to exaggerate it, I didn't dive but somehow when I landed I managed to slide and keep sliding for quite a while until I crashed into a barrier, and I wondered if I took it too far, not because of the sliding into the barrier but because I was aware of people sitting on bench looking at me and I suddenly felt embarresed by my theatrics.

Edited by useless

I had a dream that I found some folded up cardboard and when I unfolded it a small cardboard residential area rose from it like a picture rising in a pop-up book when you open it up, wasn't very elaborate, just basic shapes of houses and other buildings, no color just brown color of cardboard. Then I heard someone say 'we can use that', then I remembered being in some sort of workshop with similar cardboard models of towns, but I'm not sure if that was me remembering an earlier part of my dream or whether my dream just made that memory up.

• Like 1

Â