The Thread of Dreams

Spoony

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I'm fed up of coming second to your books. 

Well I can't do anything else can I, its not like I could try having a conversation with you, you wouldn't even be able to hear me over all that god damn Black Sabbath constantly, I mean how many times do you have to listen to Fairies wear boots in one single night?

That's it, you are on the couch tonight

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ikantcpell said:

I once dreamt i was in a concentration camp, was the worst dream ive had, i didnt wake up until some gestapo idiot shot me in the stomach for not obeying his orders.

I had a dream the other night that I got shot 3 times, with one in my head. It seemed so real and my kids flashed before my eyes. I remember thinking,I'm not going to see them again. Then I woke up. 

I had a dream last night I was in town with my 2 kids and there was a major terrorist incident, guys with machine guns racing round on motorbikes shooting up everyone they saw. One of those dreams where you wake up delighted it wasn’t real.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I had a dream last night I was in town with my 2 kids and there was a major terrorist incident, guys with machine guns racing round on motorbikes shooting up everyone they saw. One of those dreams where you wake up delighted it wasn’t real.

Had a few terrorist dreams. Delighted is an understatement.

• Like 1

I had a classic dream last night, I was sat at work with no trousers on.

In the dream though, I'd decided I didn't need to wear trousers because my t-shirt was quite long. It was only when I got to work I realised I was wearing a nightie.

I had a dream where my girlfriend had a beard last night. It wasn't a massive beard like a lumberjack, but a small and well maintained one, like ones you see on adverts for Nivea or whatever. In real life she has not got a beard. I had watched Louis Theroux's "Transgender Kids" before I went to sleep, with my girlfriend beside me in bed - perhaps there was some sort of subconcious cross-over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

I often dream that my house is bigger than I think and I find other bedrooms or living rooms that I either didn't know were there or I'd forgotten about. Lost little snuggles or big loft conversions. I wake up gutted.

I often have that same dream as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Mine isnt a dream as such but does anyone jerk when they sleep suddenly? You can randomly feel your body jerk but you dont wake up?

I've broken toes in the past from kicking the wall. Was well worth it though - the ball flew into the top corner. 

I've since moved the bed away from the wall.

(Have I told that story in here before or did I dream it?)

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Is there any truth in dream interpretation or is it all mumbo jumbo like horoscopes?

I'd say they are loosely based on your real world experiences.  Essentially it's your actual memory + your creative memory = dream.  

I don't think there's anything outside of your consciousness that you could "dream up" - ideas or places or whatever would be based on creative thinking. 

But I know I've had dreams which have contained the smallest detail, like looking through a brochure I've flicked through at the Doctors when I was a kid, or a toy I haven't thought about since I was a kid - so your brain has the ability to hold information which isn't readily available as and when you need it, which I find pretty fascinating. 

• Like 1

I had a dream the other night that  I was sitting at a bar having a beer with Phil Collins  ... absolutely no idea why , don't even like his music

best I can think of is it wasn't actually Phil Collins , but one of my mates who is short and bald and I was pissed in my dream and mistook them   .. doesn't explain the rendition of In the Air tonight   , mind

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I had a dream the other night that  I was sitting at a bar having a beer with Phil Collins  ... absolutely no idea why , don't even like his music

It must be against all odds that you dreamt of Phil Collins. 

• Like 1

Â