The Thread of Dreams

Spoony

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

I mix things up but I'd say a good 93% of the time its a good old fashioned volley to the jaw

😲 
First time in thread wondering what it is about....and ermm

animation love GIF by Astrid_S

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

On 02/02/2021 at 13:44, sidcow said:

Though if anyone tried to get me into a cumbersome looking experimental aircraft I would probably decline. 

That's one of my few life rules.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don’t know what the hell I was dreaming last night, but I’ve woken up with some MC Hammer hook going around and around in my head..

Doooo do do do....da da da da, can’t touch this....

It’s just a little bit annoying at the moment.

30 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I don’t know what the hell I was dreaming last night, but I’ve woken up with some MC Hammer hook going around and around in my head..

Doooo do do do....da da da da, can’t touch this....

It’s just a little bit annoying at the moment.

YOU CAN'T GET RID OF AN EARWORM BY SHARING IT. B@STARD!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I Had a dream I was walking along a familar street, when I suddenly became aware that I was dreaming, my first thought was to try and wake myself up as I've always been apprehensive about the idea of 'lucid dreaming', but I looked around and eveything seemed normal, so I decided to at least walk down the street a little more and challenge myself to see how far I could go, but not long after that I heard footsteps nearby, they didn't sound like footsteps on a pavement but footsteps on a hard indoor floor even though there was no such surface to be seen, I couldn't see anyone or work out where the footsteps were coming from, so at that point I willed myself awake.

I had a good run with lucid dreaming. Think it first happened during a post-festival comedown when the nights are always bonkers. Then I was sometimes able to become aware of dreaming in some normal times, go flying and ...stuff. Awesome. Now whenever it happens rarely I get overexcited at the prospect of being able to have some fun and just wake up disappointed.

So struggling to sleep last night I put on meditation for sleep music. My god that induced a strange dream. 
I was at Old Hill swimming baths with my parents and sister (although my sister looked different), which in itself is weird and haven’t done that for nearly 30 yrs. 

We were playing games when this man walked in trying to take over the pool. It turned out it was Kurt Russell filming a scene for the new Thor movie...

How the hell my brain constructed that I do not know. 

Edited by mikeyp102

I dreamed about a horserace. The leading horse - which was owned by Bertrand Traore for some reason - was pulling far away from the others, but then it came to a deeply flooded part of the track, and as it started wading through the ever-deepening water, it eventually collapsed, and both the horse and jockey drowned. This was being filmed and shown live on Channel 4, including an underwater camera shot of both beings dying. The other horses went a shortcut around the flooded part and just carried on the race. The whole dream was about my outrage that this would be shown on TV and no-one seemed to give a shit about it.

• 3 months later...

Don't really know where to put this, but I found it both cool and freaky in equal measures. 

Last night I had a lucid dream, AND I managed to wake myself up from it.

If I need a piss in the night, I often dream that I'm somewhere unfamiliar like a stranger's house or a nightclub or a hotel and that I can't find a toilet. Every time I do find a toilet something will be wrong with it that means I can't use it, like it'll be out of order, or someone else will be using it, or there's a fire alarm or something.

Last night I was having one of these dreams and it had been going on for a while. I was running around a big hotel trying to find a toilet and everytime I did I couldn't use it. I was getting extremely frustrated. Then all of a sudden I just thought "hang on, I know what this is. This happens when I'm asleep and I need a piss. So this is just a dream. So all I need to do is wake up"

And then I woke up

Dunno why but it's kind of freaked me out

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Don't really know where to put this, but I found it both cool and freaky in equal measures. 

If I need a piss in the night, I often dream that I'm somewhere unfamiliar like a stranger's house or a nightclub or a hotel and that I can't find a toilet. Every time I do find a toilet something will be wrong with it that means I can't use it, like it'll be out of order, or someone else will be using it, or there's a fire alarm or something.

Last night I was having one of these dreams and it had been going on for a while. I was running around a big hotel trying to find a toilet and everytime I did I couldn't use it. I was getting extremely frustrated. Then all of a sudden I just thought "hang on, I know what this is. This happens when I'm asleep and I need a piss. So this is just a dream. So all I need to do is wake up"

And then I woke up

I’ve had similar once or twice. (I’m not taking the piss here btw) but it’s happened when I’ve cheated or done something terrible in the dream and I’m mortified with myself, then I’ve realised in the dream that it’s just a dream and I wake myself up from it and breathe a sigh of relief. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I’ve had similar once or twice. (I’m not taking the piss here btw) but it’s happened when I’ve cheated or done something terrible in the dream and I’m mortified with myself, then I’ve realised in the dream that it’s just a dream and I wake myself up from it and breathe a sigh of relief. 

Oh I've had that loads of times. But this was actually realising I was dreaming while I was still in the dream. And being able to wake myself up

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

And then I woke up

Sounds like you were fully conscious in the dream world and then jumped straight back into the here and now. 

Â