Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Keeping a poor manager won't help either. He isn't magically going to learn to coach in a new style.

But having the opportunity to bring in technically better players will though. With the majority of high earners gone. The next transfer window will be about adding quality.

Keeping a poor manager won't help either.  He isn't magically going to learn to coach in a new style.

But if we finish higher than last season (i think we will finish about where we are), then we have improved and why sack a manager for improving? Regardless of what you think of his abilities of a manager it makes us a very unattractive prospect for any manager if we sack someone when they have done better than the season before.

Just to clarify, I'm not on about the style of play or anything like that, just league position, which at the end of the day is all anyone really cares about in football, other than personal glory.

Don't let Roman Abramovich hear you say that!  :D

Ha! Fair do's. Although being stinking rich, in the Champions League every year and getting a huge pay off when you're sacked probably softens the blow of only being in the job for one year :D

I am a maniac and I hate Paul Lambert. I'm also a tactical and coaching genius who can tell that a better manager would be doing a much better job with the same expenditure on players.

I hope we can replace him with one of the multitude of brilliant managers who are queueing up for a piece of the enormous transfer kitties on offer at Aston Villa.

You could be right about the first bit! LOL  :D

So the players he has got in last window are yet to realise their full potential (hopefully) or are terribly out of their depth. Of course, this is ultimately the managers (and scouting teams) fault. Either way, this has forced the negative tactics. 

However, show me a manager with a 100% record in this department. 

Would you say that Benteke, Vlaar, Kozak, Lowton, Bacuna and Westwood have been relatively successful signings to varying degrees. Add Steer and Okore (and maybe even Helenius?) as unknowns and that's a 50% success rate on all of his quite restricted dealings. I know some people (not me!) would even add KEA, Bennett and Luna to that list. 

We get some people in who can look after the ball a bit more than I think we will see more dynamism in the tactics. 

Or Grant Holt. 

Ah.

Fergie signed a fair few duds to be honest, he spent more on nani and Anderson than our entire squad! The difference is that he could afford to carry those players. If he had to rebuild a squad in 2 seasons on £40 mil then I'd say he'd struggle.

Spurs spent more on saldado and lamela than our squad who have contributed next to nothing.

I'm sure people don't understand the magnitude of the job.

They are all waiting for a mythical foreign manager to come in and save us.

• Like 1

The hoof ball football yesterday was embarrassing.

5 defenders, plus 3 midfielders who just sit in the middle of the park and 2 up front.

Reliant on hoofing the ball from the back and hoping the front men just make something of it!

Lambert out.

What a strange game to pick on for 'hoof ball' because we didn't do it as much really.

5 defenders, plus 3 midfielders who just sit in the middle of the park and 2 up front.

Reliant on hoofing the ball from the back and hoping the front men just make something of it!

Lambert out.

What a strange game to pick on for 'hoof ball' because we didn't do it as much really.

It's become a thing now. Even when we don't do it that much it's made out as if we did it loads.

Lambert out.

You must have been watching a different game!

Lambert out.

Its very strange we cant play like in the second half yesterday all the time. All the commentators are starting to question Lamberts tactics. I mean our team are not great no, but the football is there to be seen and even though Arsenal backed off a little they nearly came unstuck with Benteke close to his 2nd. This team can play some nice football because we are seeing it now and again. To be honest I think they struggle more with the hoof ball we play. Its 100% down to Lambert and tactics I dont care what people say. He restricts the players to a point where they all seem to be just standing around. Let off the leash a little and they can give the likes of Arsenal more than something to think about instead of just the training session we saw in the first half.

No surprise Opta confirm that the most frequent combination was Guzan pumping the ball to Benteke.

Yes, once we scored we showed some commitment and desire to get another goal but it shouldn't take us going behind to have that.

The style of football is generally terrible and it's down to Lambert.

• Like 2

Fergie signed a fair few duds to be honest, he spent more on nani and Anderson than our entire squad! The difference is that he could afford to carry those players. If he had to rebuild a squad in 2 seasons on £40 mil then I'd say he'd struggle.

Spurs spent more on saldado and lamela than our squad who have contributed next to nothing.

tbf if we do end up changing manager I think we are all sick of UK/irish style managers.

tbf if we do end up changing manager I think we are all sick of UK/irish style managers.

No, what we are sick of is unsuccessful managers or managers running a struggling team.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Keeping a poor manager won't help either.  He isn't magically going to learn to coach in a new style.

But if we finish higher than last season (i think we will finish about where we are), then we have improved and why sack a manager for improving? Regardless of what you think of his abilities of a manager it makes us a very unattractive prospect for any manager if we sack someone when they have done better than the season before.

Just to clarify, I'm not on about the style of play or anything like that, just league position, which at the end of the day is all anyone really cares about in football, other than personal glory.

It didn't seem to do Southampton and Cardiff any harm in attracting new managers after they sacked the managers who got them promoted. 

They really do exist you know.