Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Fergie signed a fair few duds to be honest, he spent more on nani and Anderson than our entire squad! The difference is that he could afford to carry those players. If he had to rebuild a squad in 2 seasons on £40 mil then I'd say he'd struggle.

Spurs spent more on saldado and lamela than our squad who have contributed next to nothing.

I'm sure people don't understand the magnitude of the job.

And how did they get the money in the kitty for those outrageous signings (Saldado and Lamela)? From the astro-sale of a former 'young and hungry' player they had swiped from a lower league team.

I'm not saying Madrid will be coming in for Matty Lowton anytime soon, but my point is Lambert's transfer policy is certainly correct.

I'm sure that nobody more than he would love to compliment that with some more experienced (read expensive) heads. But unfortunately in 2007 instead of buying Bale (or KP Boateng, or Kaboul) as they did, we bought NRC, Harewood and Zat Knight. This is why Lerner's purse strings are wickedly taut.

Saying that, the next year they spent £9million (9!!) on Sir Alan Hutton, so ....

We've actually made quite a bit of money from sales ourselves, only it's gone to offsetting losses and not improving the team.  All that money came from players who cost around the £10m mark, ie Young, Downing and Milner.  Benteke would be a similar story.  Nobody is ever going to offer us big money for any of our lower league dross like Lowton or Westwood.

We have made money from sales......just to be negated by an horrendous in flux of duds......or players we have simply failed to get anything from.....if it was a government dep't....there would be a public enquiry.

Any more? Not convinced I've seen a gettable suggestion just yet....

What about De Canio?

Luigi De Canio.

Soz for the delay, my life sort of got in the way a bit, started a reply this arvo...

Anyway, yup he's definitely more gettable, would probs be a decent appointment if we had a strong director of football in place, his Lecce side that got promoted were fairly nice on the eye. Just saw his Catania get pasted on the weekend by Roma though, they didn't look too good to be honest. He's been around a bit, generally brought in to clubs in deep trouble (at least in Italy from what I remember)

Pochettino may be free. Though he would have to learn English. Shows a little disrespect that he hasn't learnt the language yet!

He speaks English perfectly well, just chooses not to to the media.

Pochettino may be free. Though he would have to learn English. Shows a little disrespect that he hasn't learnt the language yet!

That's even worst then, cause its not fully the media, its the fans he cant be bothered to talk English to either.

That's even worst then, cause its not fully the media, its the fans he cant be bothered to talk English to either.

He apparently does it so that he can accurately say what he wants to say.

If he spoke English he wouldn't be as articulate.

So you could argue he's saying more to the fans in Spanish than he would in English.

• Like 1

If Pochettino came to Villa then I'd be convinced Lerner is selling the club.

Why?

I don't necessarily disagree, I don't want Pochettino (I'm still in the Lambert camp) I'm just curious as to how you've arrived at that decision.

He speaks good English, just chooses not to speak to the media in English in case he says the wrong thing!

Can you blame him? Lambert certainly wouldn't.

If Pochettino came to Villa then I'd be convinced Lerner is selling the club.

Why?

I don't necessarily disagree, I don't want Pochettino (I'm still in the Lambert camp) I'm just curious as to how you've arrived at that decision.

Because I personally think Pochettino will only move to a club where he is promised substantial investment.  I do not think we will see this from Lerner again.

Pochettino may be free.

Oh to dream, he'd probably only keep this rabble Lambert's assembled midtable, but i've no doubts he'd mould them into a unit capable of playing some actual watchable football. That would be delightful