Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

How is signing a COVER player akin to lambert thinking 'he is the solution'. As I said, you're creating your own argument. As a cover striker, the signing makes sense to an extent. In any other circumstance it would make no sense and I'd be pissed off too.

If he was signing him as our main striker then yeah, mental. But he isn't and won't be.

Just a slight flaw in your, IMO blind faith argument re Lambert Stefan

Strikers at the club

Benteke

Kozak

Gabby

Weiman

Helnius

Bowery

Fonz (loan)

Bent (loan)

So why are we signing Holt exactly? Is he to be a (and it will need to be a widened) bench warmer? Will it be to replace Gabby or Benteke? Is Wiemann now a sub? What is Helnius and Bowery's roles at the club? Why have Fonz and Bent been moved on?

The timing and the type of player that Lambert has seemingly got here is somewhat strange especially given then more pressing requirements in midfield and defence. The type of football we have seen this year has been awful, reliance on hoof ball and when that does not work (often) then mere capitulation as we have seen at VP. Is Holt the type of player that will change that philosophy?

I understand the comments some are making this being a no risk, but is it? Who's nose will be put out of joint (deliberate choice of words) by his arrival, how much is he costing? What is this saying about Lamberts and the clubs strategy? Also why now? why not at the start of the window? why not immediately after Kozak got injured?

Lots of questions and not a lot of enthusiasm for this signing ......... but if as it seems he will be wearing the XXXXL Villa shirt then good luck to him and let's hope he scores a shed load

Blind faith?

We've been down this road so many times.

I have far more criticisms of Lambert than I do compliments and I've been quite vocal with them too.

Seeing the logic behind a 6 month long cover loan deal is blind faith? Try debating using the facts rather than creating an argument to suit your agenda.

Edited by bickster
deleted the piss off

Strikers at the club

Benteke

Kozak

Gabby

Weiman

Helnius

Bowery

Fonz (loan)

Bent (loan)

To be fair, if you specified that list to centre forwards, you'd be left with

Benteke

Bent (Out on loan)

Kozak (Injured)

Delfouneso (out on loan)

Granted Gabby and Weimann can play there, but that would weaken our wider attacking options.

(I don't really think Holt is a good signing by the way, just playing Devil's advocate)

SC - I happen to be able to read and yes I do understand he is a loan signing (thank god for that). Loan signings still invariably cost monies and last time I looked they don't give you extra subs places or men on the pitch. So assuming that Holt will be part of the first team squad then all of my - and others - comments are very valid.

Who has mentioned Klose? - nothing to do with me other than I have seen it plastered across Twitter and now on here, so I am not sure of your point TBH.

Strikers at the club

Benteke

Kozak

Gabby

Weiman

Helnius

Bowery

Fonz (loan)

Bent (loan)

To be fair, if you specified that list to centre forwards, you'd be left with

Benteke

Bent (Out on loan)

Kozak (Injured)

Delfouneso (out on loan)

Granted Gabby and Weimann can play there, but that would weaken our wider attacking options.

(I don't really think Holt is a good signing by the way, just playing Devil's advocate)

Ben - Maybe its more then an indication of the way that Lambert will continue to play? Note: I still think that Andi and Gabby are better strikers than wide men but that is another discussion.

At the end of the day the mumbling one has seemingly made Holt our first signing of the transfer window. Let's hope he turns out OK

One of Lambo's biggest strength's is he always remains upbeat & positive.

This thread certainly won't crush him that's for sure.

Go again Paul & may the force be with you.

It's a shame that his strengths aren't managing a football team, buying players or coaching them, but you have to take your positives as they arrive I guess.

On the contrary, lesser men would have crumbled under the pressure he is under but he continues to show great mental strength. Would you have had the nous to spot & sign a player of Benteke's quality? A great PL signing. Agreed? We have a work in progress of young, vibrant & energetic players. How many times do people need to realize that this is a minimum 5 year project & it is not going to happen overnight. There are too many knee jerk reactions on here for my liking. As for the coaching, doesn't Lambo delegate that to Culverhouse & Karsa?

• Like 1

I think he will turn out OK.

With the emphasis on OK, not good or great, but neither will he turn out to be terrible (imo)

Like I've said elsewhere, if this is our only business of the transfer window then I'll be annoyed and frustrated. But I can see the logic in getting in a short term, cheap(ish) replacement for Kozak while he's out.

Holt wouldn't be my first choice, or even 20th choice, but I can see the logic behind getting a player there and understand why Lambert would have faith in a player he's managed before.

I would hope that we'll have a couple of other signings to add to this.

Edited by Stevo985

I think he will turn out OK.

With the emphasis on OK, not good or great, but neither will he turn out to be terrible (imo)

Like I've said elsewhere, if this is our only business of the transfer window then I'll be annoyed and frustrated. But I can see the logic in getting in a short term, cheap(ish) replacement for Kozak while he's out.

Holt wouldn't be my first choice, or even 20th choice, but I can see the logic behind getting a player there and understand why Lambert would have faith in a player he's managed before.

I would hope that we'll have a couple of other signings to add to this.

Indeed. It certainly isn't a good signing and I don't think I've seen one person categorise it as that (not sincerely anyway).

It is the very definition of a logical, 'ok at best' signing with more potential for bad than good.

But right now, without dealing in hypotheticals I'm not too concerned

One of Lambo's biggest strength's is he always remains upbeat & positive.

This thread certainly won't crush him that's for sure.

Go again Paul & may the force be with you.

It's a shame that his strengths aren't managing a football team, buying players or coaching them, but you have to take your positives as they arrive I guess.

On the contrary, lesser men would have crumbled under the pressure he is under but he continues to show great mental strength. Would you have had the nous to spot & sign a player of Benteke's quality? A great PL signing. Agreed? We have a work in progress of young, vibrant & energetic players. How many times do people need to realize that this is a minimum 5 year project & it is not going to happen overnight. There are too many knee jerk reactions on here for my liking. As for the coaching, doesn't Lambo delegate that to Culverhouse & Karsa?

Plus he is waiting for the pay out if is he sacked? Lerner has been very generous in the past to managers?

Benteke is his only good signing so far 1 out of 16 is not exactly prolific?

I could agree the work in progress if the results and style of play were improving but we appear to be moving backwards at the moment?

Knee jerk reactions after 19 months, 3 and a bit transfer windows and 16 new players (sorry 17 with Super Grant). He's had plenty of time to show more improvement than he has.

Ultimately the coaching lies at Lamberts door.

• Like 1

Would the fans of any other Premiership team react any differently to the signing of Grant Holt?

the killer loan signing that will destroy club. Its an improvement on Simon Dawkins and Yacuoba Sylla in last window

Benteke is his only good signing so far 1 out of 16 is not exactly prolific?

Of his signings I would say:

Benteke - good

Westwood - good value for less than a £1m

Bacuna - promising

Okore - looks promising, but sadly can't tell due to his injury

Kozak - OK - was joint top scorer before getting injured

Lowton - Looked good last season and good value for less than £1m

Guzan - fantastic

Sylla - not a talented footballer but did well towards the end of last season

KEA - sometimes average / sometimes poor but our top scoring CM this season (which says a lot)

Bennett - has talent but struggled badly

Luna - poor

Bowery - as you'd expect from a lower league player for less than £500k

Tonev - poor

Helenius - not ready by his own admission. Hopeful but no way to assess

Dawkins - showed nothing here but doing well for Derby - gone now obvs

Missing one, can't recall who though.

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 1

Vlaar. Who you'd be hard to argue against being a good signing.

When he's fit.

Lambert's fault for injuries.  No injured player can ever be good.  Van Persie is crap.  Hasn't learnt the lesson from injured Dutch players.

LAMBERT OUT!!

When he's fit.

Lambert's fault for injuries.  No injured player can ever be good.  Van Persie is crap.  Hasn't learnt the lesson from injured Dutch players.

LAMBERT OUT!!

I don't think anyone would be stupid enough for that.

It's his fault for signing a player who has a long history of injuries, though.Especially when it's going to be the one experienced player in the back line.

When he's fit.

LAMBERT OUT!!

It's his fault for signing a player who has a long history of injuries, though.Especially when it's going to be the one experienced player in the back line.

Ferguson paid 20 million for RVP who is as injury prone, nobody blaming Fergie now he broke down again

When he's fit.

LAMBERT OUT!!

Martin Laursen was terrible too.

I wish we'd stop buying these injury-ridden centre backs.

When he's fit.

LAMBERT OUT!!

Martin Laursen was terrible too.

I wish we'd stop buying these injury-ridden centre backs.

And don't get me started on that crock with the dodgy knees from United