Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Imagining how a new manager will do before he has arrived is a bit like predicting how an on-loan striker will do before he has kicked a ball.

To be fair no ones mentioned an out of shape manager struggling in a lower league.

who are they suggesting then?

• Like 1

Isa was the only poster who made a creditable suggestion about Ronald Koeman replacing Paul Lambert. 

“In Holland we have always viewed Villa as an important club with a tradition of being powerful in Europe when I was younger, so I would be very interested in managing them if the job was offered to me.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

I suggested Lucine Favre.  No idea if he'd fancy it, but a lot of managers would like a chance to manage in the Premier League.

I'd genuinely be amazed if he'd come, but that's exactly the kind of manager I'd want if Lambert went.

• Like 1

Why would he turn down a potential Champions League spot 2nd in 3 years to work a relegation battle with a team with no budget. not even sure if he speaks English, could be another Christian Gross

Koeman is interesting, Favre is too. Not entirely sure Favre would swap the Bundesliga for Villa Park just yet though!

You'd think a progression in Koeman's career would mean a move from Holland to Germany, England, Spain or Italy. From his playing history you'd think he'd fancy a crack in Spain. Still though, I like him, just not sure he'd see us as a good career move.

I'd welcome approaches for both if Lambert gets the boot, not sure whether they'd fancy it though.

You'd think a progression in Koeman's career would mean a move from Holland to Germany, England, Spain or Italy. From his playing history you'd think he'd fancy a crack in Spain. Still though, I like him, just not sure he'd see us as a good career move.

he failed miserably in Spain. He would probably be killed if he went back to Valencia as caused war in dressing room. am sure some players sued the club that season over how they were treated

• Like 1

he failed miserably in Spain. He would probably be killed if he went back to Valencia as caused war in dressing room. am sure some players sued the club that season over how they were treated

He has got a reputation as a Capello style authoritarian. Didn't know players had sued the club though! I'll have google, interestment...

not that I want Lambert sacked but I think if going young and hungry again as manager maybe Steven Pressley he doing a good job at Coventry and their 2nd highest goalscorers in Englands 4 divisions

The only way i think were going to play possession based pass and move football is if we bring in a manager from the continent

The last time we played that kind of football was on sporadic occasions when Houllier was manager

I really can't think of a homegrown manager from the UK with the exception of Brendan Rodgers or Redknapp that get their sides to play that kind of football

Can anyone else?

Edited by AshVilla

It doesn't matter what style of football we play as we will still end up in the same place as long as the current level of investment and wages remain.

It might be prettier, but it will still be midtable or lower half.

The only way i think were going to play possession based pass and move football is if we bring in a manager from the continent

The last time we played that kind of football was on sporadic occasions when Houllier was manager

I really can't think of a homegrown manager from the UK with the exception of Brendan Rodgers or Redknapp that get their sides to play that kind of football

Can anyone else?

im sorry thats a myth. Redknapp was always about playing the long diagonal ball or getting the ball to the wings. His teams always have a big man up front and speedy wingers