Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Anyone know how many points off the bottom of the league we were at this point last season?

5, but we were 18th, had -25 goal difference and had 4 points less than we currently do.

EDIT: well technically that's at the same date after 22 games, after 21 games we were 6 points above and in 17th, but the rest still applies

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

To be fair, we're on the same amount of points as we had last year at this point. The teams are just so, so much worse this time around.

Anyone know how many points off the bottom of the league we were at this point last season?

Actually, we have four more points  :P

We were 5 points off the bottom, in the bottom 3, and looking very lost indeed.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2012-2013/table/2013-01-13

Edited by romavillan

I love AVFC, but what i cannot stand is the no show owner, (who wont even speak), the people that manage and coach the players at the club (what do they do for their money) and the players (not all, but the ones do not seem to have any fight in them, they know who they are), they just don't appear to be able to get the basics right and i thought they could all play football!!!!!!!!!!!  For God's sake why oh why can this team not go out on the pitch with a winning mentality, its completely beyond me if i went to work with their mentality i would be sacked!!! (I'm a nurse by the way).  

To be fair, we're on the same amount of points as we had last year at this point. The teams are just so, so much worse this time around.

Actually, we have one more point :P

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2012-2013/table/2013-01-13

Thank god for that extra point.  :D

We was actually on 20 points (19th) 4 points off bottom of the league QPR. Sunderland were 11th on 29 points. 23 points last season would have got us to 16th 3 points of relegation zone. So to simplifie, we are only doing better cause other teams are much worst this season, so fact is no real improvement for Lambert im afraid!

I guess that shows the bottom half looks weaker this year.

Maybe, or the top half are better.

At the same point, Utd were 7 points clear of City, who were 6 points clear of Spurs. 9th was only 11 points ahead of 18th, whereas this year 9th are 7 points ahead of 10th.

This year 6th are only 8 points behind top, last year, 18.

We was actually on 20 points (19th) 4 points off bottom of the league QPR. Sunderland were 11th on 29 points. 23 points last season would have got us to 16th 3 points of relegation zone. So to simplifie, we are only doing better cause other teams are much worst this season, so fact is no real improvement for Lambert im afraid!

You've gone about 3 games ahead of this point last season.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

It really doesn't matter about how many points we are off bottom of the league. The relegation zone is the relegation zone and whether a team finishes 18th, 19th or 20th is neither here nor there. So technically we are currently 5 points off a relegation place which is where we were last season.

Actually, we have one more point :P

Thank god for that extra point.  :D

soz, 4 points, ballsed that up royally, have edited it now :)

(and we'd played a game more, beat or draw with Liverpool and it gets better...)

Edited by romavillan

It really doesn't matter about how many points we are off bottom of the league. The relegation zone is the relegation zone and whether a team finishes 18th, 19th or 20th is neither here nor there. So technically we are currently 5 points off a relegation place which is where we were last season.

Well no, we were either 1 point above the relegation zone or actually in it depending whether you look at after game 21 or game 22. 

So who could we possibly get in as a replacement?

Lambert should be given till the end of the season and if we finish anywhere near where we currently stand in the table then he should be given another season. 

And yes, I am playing the stability card.

This is my view. Considering Lambert was our 4th manager (6th if you include McAllister and the one who was caretaker before, can't remember his name) in 4 seasons. We need some stability as constantly chopping and changing won't help.

• Like 1

So who could we possibly get in as a replacement?

Lambert should be given till the end of the season and if we finish anywhere near where we currently stand in the table then he should be given another season. 

And yes, I am playing the stability card.

This is my view. Considering Lambert was our 4th manager (6th if you include McAllister and the one who was caretaker before, can't remember his name) in 4 seasons. We need some stability as constantly chopping and changing won't help.

Ideally. AVFC should get a manager scout out in Europe now and maybe by the end of the season we will have a quality European manager who knows his arse from his elbow and be a bit more of a tactician.

Keeping a poor manager won't help either.  He isn't magically going to learn to coach in a new style.

But if we finish higher than last season (i think we will finish about where we are), then we have improved and why sack a manager for improving? Regardless of what you think of his abilities of a manager it makes us a very unattractive prospect for any manager if we sack someone when they have done better than the season before.

Just to clarify, I'm not on about the style of play or anything like that, just league position, which at the end of the day is all anyone really cares about in football, other than personal glory.

Keeping a poor manager won't help either.  He isn't magically going to learn to coach in a new style.

But if we finish higher than last season (i think we will finish about where we are), then we have improved and why sack a manager for improving? Regardless of what you think of his abilities of a manager it makes us a very unattractive prospect for any manager if we sack someone when they have done better than the season before.

Just to clarify, I'm not on about the style of play or anything like that, just league position, which at the end of the day is all anyone really cares about in football, other than personal glory.

Don't let Roman Abramovich hear you say that!  :D

Edited by pacbuddies