Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Keeping a poor manager won't help either.  He isn't magically going to learn to coach in a new style.

But if we finish higher than last season (i think we will finish about where we are), then we have improved and why sack a manager for improving? Regardless of what you think of his abilities of a manager it makes us a very unattractive prospect for any manager if we sack someone when they have done better than the season before.

Just to clarify, I'm not on about the style of play or anything like that, just league position, which at the end of the day is all anyone really cares about in football, other than personal glory.

It didn't seem to do Southampton and Cardiff any harm in attracting new managers after they sacked the managers who got them promoted. 

Fergie signed a fair few duds to be honest, he spent more on nani and Anderson than our entire squad! The difference is that he could afford to carry those players. If he had to rebuild a squad in 2 seasons on £40 mil then I'd say he'd struggle.

Spurs spent more on saldado and lamela than our squad who have contributed next to nothing.

I'm sure people don't understand the magnitude of the job.

They are all waiting for a mythical foreign manager to come in and save us.

They really do exist you know. 

We just have to accept that Lambert is the only man for the job

Nobody out there is better....

Heard from a club insider that Lambert lost the dressing room after he made Lowton move closer to Brum.

How did he lose the dressing room exactly

I've been on a stadium tour only once and i remember where it is what a complete and utter amateur

• Like 1

I know they exist. But I have a fair idea what would happen if we brought a foreign manager in and you know too. 

Do you?  I couldn't possibly say what would happen without knowing who it would be.

• Like 1

I know they exist. But I have a fair idea what would happen if we brought a foreign manager in and you know too. 

Do you?  I couldn't possibly say what would happen without knowing who it would be.

Yes, I know this forum too well. If you think a new manager is going to thrive on a limited budget and make us perfect within 18 months without any set backs or low periods, then you are lying to yourself. 

• Like 3

Yes, I know this forum too well. If you think a new manager is going to thrive on a limited budget and make us perfect within 18 months without any set backs or low periods, then you are lying to yourself. 

I know it's incredibly difficult not to think in black and white only, but what if a new manager couldn't make Villa perfect but could actually do a better job than Lambert? 

I know it's incredibly difficult not to think in black and white only, but what if a new manager couldn't make Villa perfect but could actually do a better job than Lambert? 

Here's the thing though, if the squad is as bad as everyone says it is, and the money is as tight as everyone says it is, then surely it'd be a HUGE risk to swap the manager right now, whatever about in summer if we stay up

• Like 4

It is all subjective. Some people will never be happy until everything is perfect and that is never going to happen.

Imagining how a new manager will do before he has arrived is a bit like predicting how an on-loan striker will do before he has kicked a ball.

• Like 4

To look better or to play better?

Sure, they can look nice and slick but the reality is that with the wages and investment, we would still end up in the same place.

Midtable or lower half.

Consider that Benteke at 7m has been his most expensive signing. Jelavic and Long go for that much these days. You get roughly what you pay for in the end. If we can only start players at 10-20k/week then that's usually the quality we get

• Like 1

I am a maniac and I hate Paul Lambert. I'm also a tactical and coaching genius who can tell that a better manager would be doing a much better job with the same expenditure on players.

I hope we can replace him with one of the multitude of brilliant managers who are queueing up for a piece of the enormous transfer kitties on offer at Aston Villa.

That's a fair point Cory so do you think Lambert has been good tactically? Just off the top of my head take the Everton game for example, that game was crying out for a change, even someone as dimwitted and tactically weak as me could see that, so I'm sure you could too. Yet who made that change? Then what happened after that change was made? How about Delph pushed out wide on Monday leaving our two weakest midfielders in the centre, was that a good idea? How about when Weimann was atrocious against Sheffield United but he didn't sub him off? How about when we needed a goal against Palace he subbed Kozak off for Bowery instead of perhaps having them both up top? A game we then ended up losing. How about when he stuck Bowery out wide against Stoke? Or my favourite starting with 5 defenders and 3 non attacking cm's against a West Ham team struggling to score goals and with no recognised striker?

The shortlist for the Baggies would probably be similar to ours, probably not even as good. I saw some great managers on that list.