• Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Agbonlahor
    • Kozák
    • Weimann
    • Bacuna (for Luna 67)
    • Bowery (for Kozák 77)
    • Tonev (for Weimann 87)

The players also need to take responsility, it pisses me off that they don't say anything until a manager gets sacked. They then come out and say 'its our fault, we need to do better'. Start performing now! I really don't see the point in sacking Lambert. The problem is dar deeper than that. Anyone that comes in would struggle working under lerner. We should be putting pressure on him not Lambert.

I really do not care about the relegation threat ..... all I want is for Villa to get back to playing exciting, attractive, positive, entertaining football even if that means we lose a few games 2-3, 3-4, whatever.

It isn't losing that is doing my head in, its enduring the worst brand of football I have ever seen at VP since my debut in the 1960s and that includes the McLeish era.

That style MUST be something that Lambert and his coaching team are drilling into the team because they are all serving it up to a man.

There is a total aversion to playing down the flanks and the response of all players to the mildest 1on1 threat is to turn, run back and pass backwards leaving the CBs or Guzan to distribute 50 yard passes in hope.

Only Delph has shown any positive intent on the ball and that is not enough.

As for the players, sorry but the likes of KEA and Luna to name two are simply well below Premiership standard ...... in fact neither would make most League Two sides if we were honest.

I can find no hope for the future under Lambert - there is no hope for the future under Lambert - he MUST go and please let it be soon.

• Like 2

Lambert has spent money though, it's not like he's had nothing.

I was concerned about Lambert right from the off, we were losing games with his new kids, even though we had experienced players in the squad. I understood that they didn't fit in with his philosophy and also within his targets of cutting the wage bill, so wanted them out, but surely he should have made use of them while he had them? Even just to put them in the shop window. Of course the decision to swap Given for Guzan was the right one.

N'Zogbia has been poor for us, but come on, he is a decent player on his day, so why can't he get near the squad?! Don't give me the attitude line, every football player these days has an attitude. Redknapp dealt with lots of them at Spurs. We dumped Collins and Dunne (both of whom were capable of dropping many, many bollucks) who were decent, experienced defenders, to rely on Clark and Baker to play with Vlaar. He then replaced them both a season later by bringing in Okore. Problem is with making a poor starter your backup, is that one day, you will have to rely on that back up to play...as 1 defender, Clark mixed with Baker would excellent, Baker's strength with Clarks defensive thought...as 2 separate players they are awful.

Ostracising players never works out well, especially when you don't have players good enough to deputise.

He has to go, I'm certain we can't bear Swansea...even if we do, it will paper over the cracks.

After Stoke, I said the next two games would determine where I stand with Lambert but unfortunately my patience cannot be stretched any further after that utter diatribe served up in front of a magnificent home support today. He is absolutely clueless and this club is in free-fall. But do you know what, this stems back to last season when one person and one person alone kept us in the Premier League: Christian Benteke. He contributed to a ridiculous number of goals, be it directly or with assists and it was only a matter of time that our one and only threat was targeted by other teams or had a period off form. Unfortunately for Villa this season, both has happened and this 'team' of dross is what we are left with.

Let's get one thing straight, and I can't believe no-one has mentioned it yet, but Lambert now officially has a WORSE goals and points per game average when playing at home than under Alex McLeish, a manager that many can't even bare think about. Paul Lambert I'm afraid has been given an incredibly easy ride up until now BECAUSE he succeeded AMC and for that reason only. The fans wanted OGS if I recall correctly, but when Lambert came in he was backed by everybody, as would any manager have been after the McLeish debacle. But he is now performing on a par and the football is just as bad as under a manager which many labelled our worst ever, so what does that make Lambert? Yes, he has had a small budget but I'm sorry that excuse just doesn't cut it anymore when you buy two players (Kozak/Helenius) for the same position and neglect to buy anyone for positions which really need attention (attacking midfield). Surely, if your budget is tight, you buy even more carefully? But Lambert has bought trash in terms of personnel and in terms of where that money has been targeted which are two major flaws of the "he's had no money" argument. Other people have said it but that team is just not Premier League standard, the only surprise is that we've already accumulated 19 points but without Benteke, who do we have to save our bacon this season?

Frankly, and this may sound defeatist, but we've been very lucky for a long time now. We should have been relegated long before now and 2013/14 is looking like our luck might finally run out as I can't think of three teams worse than us at present. This club is rotten from the very top down to the very bottom. Randolph Lerner was a mistake from the very day he walked into this club, knowing absolutely nothing about football and appointing non-footballing people to make the catastrophic short-term decisions which have resulted in the collective mess we see before us. However, I've argued that point for years and, alas, Lerner doesn't care what I or any of us think. We are his business.

In terms of manager though, i think he has to go and with immediate effect. When you have head coaches and players swearing at fans for daring to give an opinion, I think it just highlights what a shambles we have become under Lambert. We play no better football than under McLeish, are no further forward 18 months down the line, he seems completely unwilling to accept that anything is going wrong, nor able to inspire/motivate and try and change things to put things right. He is out of his depth, particularly, with the scale of the challenge presented to him at Villa and, for me, the statistics speak for themselves. His position is untenable. As I said in the Stoke thread, he comes out with lots of buzzwords, inspirational visions and bleats on about his "project" when the only thing he has achieved is to turn a really bad team, worse. The majority of our players can't do the basics such as pass and move or trap a football and I'm sorry, that is just completely unacceptable and is a legacy Lambert must live with. What on earth do they do in training? I can accept limitations and I don't think many Villa fans have 'unrealistic expectations' nowadays - I just want a half-decent team which can do the basics well and occasionally excite me, this team is way out on both counts and things appear to be getting worse, rather than this so-called 'improvement' Lambert bored us with for the first period of this season. Funny that Paul, I thought statistics meant very little to you?

Lambert out. Lerner and Faulkner, as I've been pleading for years, out.

Really top post mate. It exactly sums up my position and I think is the view of many fans. I don't see how there can be any apologists left for Lambert and Lerner. Sadly we are stuck with a clueless disinterested **** of an owner but at least we could get a manager in who might just save us from relegation.

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert:

"It's tough to take. There was a lot of endeavour, a lot of hard work, but not much creativity and we were hit with a classic counter-attack."

Well y'know maybe Paul you should have played/bought some creative players rather than bombing the ones you had out the club and not replacing them. 

and he got rid of a creative player.

I never thought that I would even think this  but  today I asked myself "What  would  Deadly do ?" .

Mr Lambert  would be out of a job well before now  wouldn't he ? The next  question   was "What  would deadly   and  Steve Stride do  to stem the tide of  failure?"    and  some one  (like me)   might have said  "Roberto Di Matteo lives   down in Leamington Spa  as far as I am aware. Get on down to Leamington before  New Years Day and find out  if there is any interest because if something isn't  done quickly  there is no way in  heck that  we will  be able to  accumulate   19 more points this season, and even if we did  get  19 points this season I  dont think that will be enough to keep us  in the Prem."

The flaw in my suggestion  though is this . I don't believe   that Mr Lerner or Mr Faulkner  have the  balls  to  make the changes   that they need to.

I   don't think that Paul Lambert   simply  has the  qualities  to be able to steer this  club anywhere else  right now but oblivion without a brake! Of course  that  task  doesn't require any other strategy than to keep  doing  what he   has been doing all along, saying unintelligible things  and    occasionally  "We  go  again!"    But now I know where  we are going  if  we don't make changes  and  quickly......nowhere but down, and if they keep  him on as manager we might even    be finding our  way to Portsmouth  again in  a  couple of seasons time!

The only   glimmer  for  redemption might be   if  Ron Vlaar   gets  fit enough  and  Benteke magically heals up and finds   his   form but sadly something tells me that if  Atletico Madrid  comes up with an half way decent offer  or some one like  them, even Benteke  will be gone  to  pastures green.

I remember Rijkaard coming out before wr got Mcleish stating his intrest in the villa job. Realistically though other then Barca he has been a failure everywhere else.

What we dont want is another young, one season wonder type of manager like Lambert. The likes of mackay, clarke, dyche etc are a big no no for me.

There really isnt much out there. The previous real betis manager pepe mel maybe. Slaven Bilic maybe?? Bob Bradley is always linked to us but again what has he really fone other then USA??

No one likes him, especially villa fans, but I would love an experienced guy like Harry Redknapp to come to us.

Lets be honest NO WAY will lambert get the sack even if we go down. Lerner aint gonna be paying big compensation for another managerial departure again.

Our football club has no football identity, we have gone from the nations 2nd favourite team to people laughing at the state of our team. We need a young manager with a footballing philosophy & Lerner to back him with at least 30m +money from sale of benteke

Edited by dakid007

Â