What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

Been dieting last couple of weeks but heat night today. Belly buster from local Chinese.

Portion of fried rice and large pot of curry sauce. Big box of salt and chilli chips, with 4 spring rolls, 2 ribs, 4 chicken balls and 4 chicken wings all mixed in. All for a tenner. I can’t move 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Just had a burger in Five Guys. Man that place is the Dog's Danglies. 

Nice burgers, just a tad overpriced. 

Rice with friend onion and garlic with chopped tomatoes, kalamata olives and spicy sausage with a few squirts of Habanero sauce. Washed back with an ice cold Mexican lager and a puff of Indica to mellow me out.

tsFN9e5.jpg?1

There's a Portuguese restaurant opposite the local bar we frequent.

Credit to them, the food served up looks like the pictures on the menu boards.

One pic was a complete mystery.

A friend from Lisbon told me it was Francesinha and you shouldn't eat more than 3 a year. For your heart's sake.

Francesinha (meaning Little Frenchie or simply Frenchie in Portuguese) is a Portuguese sandwich originally from Porto, made with bread, wet-cured ham, linguiça, fresh sausage like chipolata, steak or roast meat and covered with melted cheese and a hot thick tomato and beer sauce served with french fries.

Wiki

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xann said:

tsFN9e5.jpg?1

There's a Portuguese restaurant opposite the local bar we frequent.

Credit to them, the food served up looks like the pictures on the menu boards.

One pic was a complete mystery.

A friend from Lisbon told me it was Francesinha and you shouldn't eat more than 3 a year. For your heart's sake.

Wiki

I'd slam ten of those, no problem.

Stay safe out there, guys. ;)

Birmingham and Hyndburn 'worst for food hygiene'

• Birmingham and Hyndburn in Lancashire are the UK's worst areas for food hygiene for the second year, consumer watchdog Which? has said.

It looked at areas including the number of high and medium-risk food businesses which kept to hygiene standards and the number of interventions carried out.

:snip:

Edited by choffer

• 3 weeks later...

What are fellow VTers' experiences with food steamers ? In particular, the plug in, stacked morphy richards types ? I'm all for a bit of fresh steamed veg but its stuff like chicken breast that I'd like to try cooking in it but I dunno, it might look quite anaemic and less tasty perhaps ? Is meat a bit of a no no for steamers ? Fish might be a better idea.....?

Edited by mottaloo

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I've just got the hob stack one and more than anything i use it to cook chinese food, dumplings, buns, pak choi etc

i like my meat grilled

Yeah, the more i think about it, I prefer to grill my meat (fnarr, fnarr !) but thanks for the heads up on the chinese food angle....deffo food for thought there ?

Â