What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

1 yellow onion, 1/2 green pepper, 3 cloves of garlic, sauteed in olive oil

2 spicy Italian sausages, pan fried and deglazed in red wine

Added fried veggies to tomato sauce, dropped the sausages in and stirred in the pan juices

Added one diced tomato, teaspoon of basil pesto, salt and pepper

Simmered down a bit

Poured a helping over linguine

Parmesan on top

Glass of Californian Cabernet

Happy Saturday

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Pulled beef baguette with jersey royal potatoes and roasted carrots.

Browned beef brisket, wanged it in a dish with carrots and onions, poured over beef stock, covered with foil and slow roasted (140c) for about three and a half hours. Then basted with a glaze (Reggae Reggae sauce, tomato pesto, garlic, thyme, a spot of olive oil, a dash of soy, a little red wine vinegar, paprika and pepper) and put back in the oven for another 45 minutes until falling apart.

Lovely.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I have some chicken defrosting and I'm thinking what to make with it.

Potentially a katsu curry, or some boring pasta. hmm.

So.....what did you decide on ?

I've got a chicken balti simmering away in the slow cooker, if you've still not decided, or if it's still defrosting ?

3 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

So.....what did you decide on ?

I've got a chicken balti simmering away in the slow cooker, if you've still not decided, or if it's still defrosting ?

Katsu curry!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Katsu curry!

Nice ! Deep fried/breaded the chicken too ? 

Must try that one.....has to be better than pataks paste !

2 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Nice ! Deep fried/breaded the chicken too ? 

Must try that one.....has to be better than pataks paste !

Yep I will do when I get home

• Like 1

panko breadcrumbs, no other way to do it

katsu has slowly crept in to more and more stuff here, which is good because its a great flavour, too many for me lean towards a chinese curry sauce flavour but a decent one is beautiful, i also water it down a fair bit and make a ramen sauce with the paste

if you ever managed to find a japanese supermarket (seen them in a korean one and warwick uni too) have a tonkatsu sandwich, they're incredible (tonkatsu is basically pork in panko which when i was there was a lot more popular than chicken)

1598182.jpg?ts=1511335882929

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

panko breadcrumbs, no other way to do it

katsu has slowly crept in to more and more stuff here, which is good because its a great flavour, too many for me lean towards a chinese curry sauce flavour but a decent one is beautiful, i also water it down a fair bit and make a ramen sauce with the paste

if you ever managed to find a japanese supermarket (seen them in a korean one and warwick uni too) have a tonkatsu sandwich, they're incredible (tonkatsu is basically pork in panko which when i was there was a lot more popular than chicken)

1598182.jpg?ts=1511335882929

That looks like solid comfort food there ! Japanese supermarket ? Have to Google that one see if there's one in the midlands.

I'd never heard of katsu until yesterday....now I'm getting a bit obsessed with it ?

• Like 1

if you find one then try and get a warm japanese katsu donut too

curry+donut.jpg

japanese cuisine is incredible, best steak in the world, katsu, bento boxes, amazing bakeries, yakitori, okonomiyaki....unfortunately here its all sushi with maybe a bit of tempura and ramen thrown in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

curry+donut.jpg

japanese cuisine is incredible, best steak in the world, katsu, bento boxes, amazing bakeries, yakitori, okonomiyaki....unfortunately here its all sushi with maybe a bit of tempura and ramen thrown in

@Xela.....are you seeing this ? ?

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

curry+donut.jpg

And you didn't even mention gyoza. For shame.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Curry Goat Rice and Peas, served by a Brummie too

image.jpg

Lovely food that.....too many bones though usually 

• Like 1

Â