What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

We had a ready made Italian style sausage and pasta bake from Aldi the other day. 

It was exquisite. Genuinely the best 'ready meal' I've ever tasted. It was perfectly seasoned, herby rich and lovely textures. It came in a sort of bamboo baking tray. 

If you get the chance to try one, do it. Genuinely restaurant quality meal. And for what it's worth, I think I'm a decent home cook who can make food full of flavour, if not with finesse. 

4 hours ago, Xela said:

They are excellent, going from my one experience there. Not been to the Brum one but they'll all be the same I would imagine, 

Recommended. 

Fiesta del Asado on Hagley Road near 5 ways is the best steak I've ever had.  Absolutely phenomenal.

You pay for it though, about 100 for 2 people with a bottle of red.

Thoroughly reccommended. 

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Fiesta del Asado on Hagley Road near 5 ways is the best steak I've ever had.  Absolutely phenomenal.

You pay for it though, about 100 for 2 people with a bottle of red.

Thoroughly reccommended. 

Not made it there yet but want to!

I think they do a mixed grill for 2 people for around £40, it was excellent, so was lasans, I still haven't done nosh and quaff out of their 3 places 

There's a cau in brindley place, I've been to the Leamington One, they do very good steaks 

Edited by villa4europe

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

There's a cau in brindley place, I've been to the Leamington One, they do very good steaks 

Cau is nice. Had a great burger there. Same chain as Gaucho but aimed at the affordable end. 

On 16/02/2018 at 20:37, Xela said:

Nice. Next to Amber Tavern if i'm not mistaken 

I've been to the New Talbot in Wednesbury and it was excellent. This one is obviously run by the same guys so you should be in for a treat :)

Not as good as was hoping too be honest. Between the 4 of us, had the largest platter and a smaller one. Even then it only just appeased our appetites. Had lamb chops on which have very little meat, and the meat it has was tough. The bones take up so much space that it fills the plate, making it look fuller.

One of the chicken kebabs had cheese mixed in, I asked them to put it on a separate plate as I don’t eat cheese, they refused saying it doesn’t have cheese in (despite what the menu said).

Some of The chicken and sheesh kebabs were decent though so not a complete write off, just no where near the standard of Hen and chickens.

On 17/02/2018 at 07:24, mottaloo said:

@mikeyp102 - nice one ! Don't forget to put on a couple of pics as i like to visualise a "frenzy of meat".....and it'll give @Xela another chance to use his Kenneth Williams pic ;)

Sorry dude don’t post pics, and as said above it’s not the frenzy expected 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not as good as was hoping too be honest. Between the 4 of us, had the largest platter and a smaller one. Even then it only just appeased our appetites. Had lamb chops on which have very little meat, and the meat it has was tough. The bones take up so much space that it fills the plate, making it look fuller.

One of the chicken kebabs had cheese mixed in, I asked them to put it on a separate plate as I don’t eat cheese, they refused saying it doesn’t have cheese in (despite what the menu said).

Some of The chicken and sheesh kebabs were decent though so not a complete write off, just no where near the standard of Hen and chickens.

Sorry dude don’t post pics, and as said above it’s not the frenzy expected 

Thanks for the review and I guess ya lives and ya learns.... I'll probably keep away from the place given what you've said.

Had a Grand Big Mac last night and not sure whether I was disappointed or not?  I first thought when opening the box that they'd given me a normal size one, then the wife reminded me that I'm just a greedy b*****d.   I wanted my own 'man v's food' moment!  I enjoyed it, but wanted bigger. 

28 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Had a Grand Big Mac last night and not sure whether I was disappointed or not?  I first thought when opening the box that they'd given me a normal size one, then the wife reminded me that I'm just a greedy b*****d.   I wanted my own 'man v's food' moment!  I enjoyed it, but wanted bigger. 

I dont bother with Macdonalds anymore. Always walk out feeling half sick and still hungry. Strange, as used to love it.

5 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I dont bother with Macdonalds anymore. Always walk out feeling half sick and still hungry. Strange, as used to love it.

I totally get you mate, but wanted to see what the fuss was about with the Grand Mac.  We only tend to have it now if the kids insist on it and we're hungry.  I also totally get the hungry bit!  

9 nuggets on the side fixes that still hungry thing...

my problem with McDonald's is that everything is just a variance of a bacon cheeseburger, they can try telling me that the sauce is slightly difference and the bun is different and this one has crispy onions but it's still a bacon cheeseburger, they need to come up with Moreno interesting stuff, stuff from around the world, I've had a Swiss cheese and mushroom burger, mcchicken Big Mac (which amazes me they still don't do) bring back McRib, maybe the mcprawns or whatever they are called

• Like 1

If I have a maccies then its usually chicken selects or a chicken legend. With a cheeseburger on the side

The Grand Big Mac isn't a patch on this

hqdefault.jpg

On 22/02/2018 at 22:47, villa4europe said:

9 nuggets on the side fixes that still hungry thing...

my problem with McDonald's is that everything is just a variance of a bacon cheeseburger, they can try telling me that the sauce is slightly difference and the bun is different and this one has crispy onions but it's still a bacon cheeseburger, they need to come up with Moreno interesting stuff, stuff from around the world, I've had a Swiss cheese and mushroom burger, mcchicken Big Mac (which amazes me they still don't do) bring back McRib, maybe the mcprawns or whatever they are called

Just got back from Perth WA and the aussies do the chicken big Mac in their eateries they refer to as Maccers and not Maccie D's. 

Trivial information i guess. I'll get me coat :(

Yeah I'd seen the aussies do the chicken Big Mac I had one in Dubai airport, it's such a simple thing and they'd be really popular, hopefully coming here soon

and I've had that double mac in turkey

im one of these people who will happily go to McDonald's on holiday to see what the difference in the menu is (orange and chilli KFC in Hiroshima or a king prawn burger in Shanghai are probably the best I've seen, McDonald's in Italy by far the worst, quality was piss poor)

Edited by villa4europe

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Doing a quiz at work about peoples favourite pies.

Bet the days fly by in your office :P

• Haha 1

Â