Could any manager do better.

foreveryoung

I couldn't see any manager currently managing in the Premier League, a top league abroad or at an ambitious championship club wanting to come to us halfway through the season, with the squad we have and it seems without a pot to piss in during the January transfer window.

You would then be looking at managers currently out of work. Now Aston Villa used to be and should still be one of the most sought after jobs in English football. The sad truth is though it isn't. You would need to be a miracle worker to make a go of it here currently as the whole squad needs rebuilding and you'd need to do it on a shoestring. The job at present can only destroy careers/reputations not enhance them and I wouldn't see too many good managers, either in or out of work, being interested.

Edited by markavfc40

STEVE BRUCE

Look what they've turned us into!

1330.gif

I'd like to suggest Trevor Francis with Barry Fry as coach.

you must be happy with lambert then i take it..hahahah.. bruce is a proven manager-fact..he would turn us down anyway-fact ,i recall the same was said about martinez..all these managers are falling over laughing at avfc..

We are truly awful, I firmly believe that almost anyone could do what Paul Lambert is doing. I don't see why he is afforded such grace other than Randy needs to give him money to succeed. And that's the problem, I'm totally bored of modern football and its Football Manager on cheat mode cycle. The idea of buying value for money players and improving them is a good one and refreshing, unfortunately Lambert cant implement it. 

We aren't competing for Europe because of Randy, we are sliding down the table playing some of the worst football in my lifetime and seeing some of the most naive and bizarre tactics and subs as it gets because of Lambert.

I just want to see good football and if you think you cant have that and pick up points well I'll eat my own arsehole if by playing a better style of football we could not have picked up more than 9 points in the last 12 games.

OGS anyone...

He hasn't renewed his contract yet and is keeping quiet about the future. The club is aching to get it sorted ASAP. I would be delighted but it's not easy to turn this around. He would certainly not have the players to available to play his prefererred style at first.

Edited by tarjei

To answer the original question:

Yes.

Any manager could do better.

What about the managers of teams below us? Big Sam?

I wasn't really being serious.

Ah sorry, there just seems to be a lot of those comments on here. Not sure if they're all genuine or not?

• Like 1

Of course some managers could do better just as some managers could do worse but what's the point? We have no money, no manager that's good enough will want to come with no money, Lambert would get a massive pay off so we'd have less money to spend, club will be further in turmoil and further transition and we aren't likely to be relegated.

We are 13th in the league and that's us on terrible form, key players out with płayers with no confidence, fans starting to turn and no money to spend in January. So thus is bad BUT we are still 13th and in a bad place at the moment, if things turn only slightly ie Benteke comes back and hits a bit of form or we get a loan signing who gives us a bit of creativity in the middle of the park or something else happens then things will look better and we could be in the top half of the table. Agree things could get worse and we slide further down the table but going back to my first paragraph, changing managers is not going to guarantee we move up the league and play better football but what it does guarantee us is less money to spend and further turmoil/transition time

Is there anyone at the very top of the club that follows football? I mean who is really well-versed about world football and is knowledgeable enough to make well thought out decisions?

Im confident that Lerner isn't, Faulkner, i doubt it. Anyone else?

IMO we badly need a Technical/Football/Sporting director or whatever the term would be with a solid football background

Â