Could any manager do better.

foreveryoung

Nope. We need to stick together until to the end of the season.

Why? Lambert is not good enough to be manager of Aston Villa.

Who would come in the same circumstances with very little money to play with. I would rather have Lambert see it through this season and make a proper assessment in the summer.

How do you know what funds are available?   Lambert isn't even getting the basics right at the moment, and there isn't a single player benefitting from his management currently.

I am taking the word of HH. Who are we going to bring to the club? The wages we offer are slender and January is not the ideal time to spend money if we could. I think Lambert should be allowed to turn it around.

"Currently" is the key word, we can and must improve.

Who would come in the same circumstances with very little money to play with. I would rather have Lambert see it through this season and make a proper assessment in the summer.

There are loads of managers who would quite happily come here with money to spend or not. The key is having tactical ability, man management, nous and using a mix of youth and experience. Lambert has none of these.

If we want a club insider, why not Sid Cowans, he's certainly earned his chance and knows the club inside out.

In terms of out of work managers I'd be happy with Gianfranco Zola, he deserves another chance at management, fits the ethos and would happily take it.

Or why not a couple of left-field candidates like Co Adriaanse, Marcelo Bielsa, Ralf Rangnick?

Edited by R.I.C.O.
  • Like 2

This isn't a knock mate it really isn't, but are you of the opinion that we should stick with him all year no matter what? Say our terrible run continues and we find ourselves in the bottom 3?

I've been patient with lambert because I've understood the horrible financial restrictions that have been placed upon him, but these are his players now and though his backing has been poor he doesn't seem to be getting the best out of them. Relegation would be disastrous for this this football club and if removing the manager could/might help avoid that I'm all for it.

When a team has 60% possession at home to a possibly the worst outfit in the league and can't muster a half decent chance something is seriously wrong.

It was a shite performance today, but we can turn it around I have no doubt about that.

I still don't think we should get rid now, despite a kneejerk reaction from me at the goal earlier.

But, and it's a big but, unless there is a seriously drastic change in how we play, and the results we get, and our home form, he HAS to go at the end of the season. The man is carrying on his predecessor's way of sucking the life out of every Villa fan. I barely care anymore, I didn't care when Palace scored the winner, I didn't care that Man United beat us 0-3, I don't care that we're only 3 points above the relegation zone. I hate feeling like this, because I've been following football and this beautiful club my whole life. I can't remember the last time I looked forward to a game, and I haven't been to a game since Newcastle at home in September. Will I spend another £30 on a game again this season? No **** chance.

We have to stick together with the team, and somehow get the 20 points we need to survive, and get someone else in that has a plan, that isn't a coward, and that most importantly doesn't play god awful football. I also think we need to start protesting against the owner as soon as the final whistle goes in our final home game. The man clearly doesn't care, he's never here, and is clearly just happy for us to keep afloat so he can sell the club for a profit.

Lerner & Lambert out, but in the summer. 

• Like 1

You have to question why he took the job. It was obvious, you can not have premiership success with players earning 10-20k a week from lower leagues, though he obviously thought he could. He took the budgets and cost cutting into account when he accepted the position thinking he could build a winning team, this has not happened so surely he is failing.

Good question. Either he has unshakeable belief in himself that he can do this, or that he had fallen out with the Norwich board and needed a club to go to. Given previous managers records, if he fails at Villa he will do well to get another decent job again.

Well he's pretty much lost the fans now so its only a matter of time.

To add a cherry on top of Lambert's shite sandwich apparently Culverhouse also told a load of fans to "F**k off" during the first half of the game today, and the fans in question have put in official complaints to the club.

I can understand why people want Lambert out though, today was really unacceptable and the supporters had every right to condemn everybody associated with that performance. But Saturday's a fresh day with need to get behind the team for the victory.

To add a cherry on top of Lambert's shite sandwich apparently Culverhouse also told a load of fans to "F**k off" during the first half of the game today, and the fans in question have put in official complaints to the club.

That waa mentioned earlier aswell mate. I'm not questioning you but is that story confirmed?

That waa mentioned earlier aswell mate. I'm not questioning you but is that story confirmed?

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=55429&start=1

How do you know what funds are available?   Lambert isn't even getting the basics right at the moment, and there isn't a single player benefitting from his management currently.

I am taking the word of HH. Who are we going to bring to the club? The wages we offer are slender and January is not the ideal time to spend money if we could. I think Lambert should be allowed to turn it around.

"Currently" is the key word, we can and must improve.

The key word was 'improvement.' Now it's 'must improve.'

Bit of a regression there especially during a easier run of fixtures which was to excuse our putrid football when we played the better teams.

I'm not going to call for his head yet because I still remember the form shown in our run in last season with the same players and I'm clinging for dear life onto the hope that Lambert will turn it around again but we're going the opposite way this season which was something used to differentiate the comparison between Mcleish and Lambert.

• Like 1

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=55429&start=1

Thanks mate.

Really Saturday will just be more of the same plodding rubbish football. I think we may scrape a draw as Swansea aren't as good as last season and are missing key players but they only lost 1 nil at Chelsea today.

He really has to go if we lose to Swansea and Sunderland. That will be 6 straight defeats SIX after Southampton win and most of those teams are below us in the league.

After that we have Arsenal, Liverpool, wba and Everton in a row so it's looking like another long winess run.

If a manager had no personal interest ( i.e pay off) in other words a genuine compassion for what he was building,after watching that, I would resign.

problem is it has all become, compensation culture,....its all somebody else's fault.

equally, Paul Faulkner and Randy Lerner, need to take responsibility for that.

I can understand why people want Lambert out though, today was really unacceptable and the supporters had every right to condemn everybody associated with that performance. But Saturday's a fresh day with need to get behind the team for the victory.

We will reach a point though gentleman when it is no longer acceptable to the fan base to hear 'we go again' when the team and manager are performing so poorly. The football has been dire for some considerable time now and Lambert is failing to motivate the players.

If we lose against Swansea I'm not sure the few dire hard fans that are left will keep supporting Lambert?

Â