Could any manager do better.

foreveryoung

"Currently" is the key word, we can and must improve.

We won't though, not under Lambert.  At best, he's a point a game sort of manager, but now that we can't score goals and play like a Sunday League team, we'll be lucky to get even that.  We need to hope again that there are three worse teams than us, which having seen us of late, isn't guaranteed by a long chalk.

I can understand why people want Lambert out though, today was really unacceptable and the supporters had every right to condemn everybody associated with that performance. But Saturday's a fresh day with need to get behind the team for the victory.

If you haven't spotted as a manager of Aston Villa that Jordan Bowery is useless in the Premier League then you are out of your depth. That is what turned me. Make a mistake with signing is OK for me but playing him when Helenius is on the bench is unacceptable. Aalborg is way better than Chesterfield if you're wondering about that.

I can understand why people want Lambert out though, today was really unacceptable and the supporters had every right to condemn everybody associated with that performance. But Saturday's a fresh day with need to get behind the team for the victory.

If you haven't spotted as a manager of Aston Villa that Jordan Bowery is useless in the Premier League then you are out of your depth. That is what turned me. Make a mistake with signing is OK for me but playing him when Helenius is on the bench is unacceptable. Aalborg is way better than Chesterfield if you're wondering about that.

THis looks wrong its me and not Morpheus.

• Like 1

there are so many complications and twists in football.....but when a manager says " we go again" you know its the end.

you don't get paid c 1 mill a year to come up with such a blazie remark, without inviting criticism.

its far too dismissive and disrespectful to take ownership of your responsibilities to resort to such a response.

We will reach a point though gentleman when it is no longer acceptable to the fan base to hear 'we go again' when the team and manager are performing so poorly. The football has been dire for some considerable time now and Lambert is failing to motivate the players.

If we lose against Swansea I'm not sure the few dire hard fans that are left will keep supporting Lambert?

I support Aston Villa not Lambert, and I think it is best to allow Lambert to turn it around at the club.

• Like 1

there are so many complications and twists in football.....but when a manager says " we go again" you know its the end.

you don't get paid c 1 mill a year to come up with such a blazie remark, without inviting criticism.

its far too dismissive and disrespectful to take ownership of your responsibilities to resort to such a response.

I was far more annoyed when Lambert said there was plenty of effort from the players. 

For what i have just witnessed, it is the end.

How long it now takes will just be semantics and politics.

he has gone IMO.

Agreed. We will lose to both Swansea and Sunderland and probably Sheffield. Then his position if untenable now it is finished by then. Big question is will Lerner pull the trigger?

For what i have just witnessed, it is the end.

How long it now takes will just be semantics and politics.

he has gone IMO.

Pretty much this - I don't see him turning this round.  FWIW I don't see another manager doing better - ok in the short term maybe - but a season and a half down the line - we will be asking similar questions about....XXXXXX [iNSERT YOUR OWN MANAGER]

We will reach a point though gentleman when it is no longer acceptable to the fan base to hear 'we go again' when the team and manager are performing so poorly. The football has been dire for some considerable time now and Lambert is failing to motivate the players.

If we lose against Swansea I'm not sure the few dire hard fans that are left will keep supporting Lambert?

I support Aston Villa not Lambert, and I think it is best to allow Lambert to turn it around at the club.

Little confused with your post. You state 'I support Aston Villa not Lambert' but you still think he should be given more time?

He's been saying that since the beginning of last season :D

We can't really answer this question since we don't know what constraints PL has had placed on him.

We consider that it was an option to spend the kitty on less, better players and implement the plan more slowly. How do we know he had this choice?

He may have been briefed to alienate the bomb squad and not to play them in order to force them out, meaning that the kitty had to be spread thin over many players. If it worked it would be the quickest way to reduce costs.

if this the case then all involved are incredibly naive to think this would work.

Either way PL has either rolled this out completely wrong or has bought into something completely unachievable.

• Like 1

Little confused with your post. You state 'I support Aston Villa not Lambert' but you still think he should be given more time?

Yes, I think PL deserves the opportunity to turn it around like last season. If Lambert resigned or was to be sacked, I would continue supporting Aston Villa. 

I was far more annoyed when Lambert said there was plenty of effort from the players. 

He has been saying that for some time....its now got to a stage, where i don't think he cares what folk think, he will be paid off anyway.

I think given the financial constraints then in the medium to long term then I would doubt that any other manager could do much better. However a new manager may give a short term boost. I personally would not trust Lerner/Faulkner to choose a manager capable of giving that short term boost though.

Bottom line is that the real problems at this great club are a level above the manager.

• Like 2

I think given the financial constraints then in the medium to long term then I would doubt that any other manager could do much better. However a new manager may give a short term boost. I personally would not trust Lerner/Faulkner to choose a manager capable of giving that short term boost though.

Bottom line is that the real problems at this great club are a level above the manager.

Absolutely.

What worries me is that when Arsenal was looking to replace Bruce Rioch...David Dein had the Nous to look across the world to Japan to appoint Arsene Wenger, who very few of us ever heard of.

We are now relying on an Owner who has close proximity to our CEO and that is the main pre requisite for appointing him....look a bit "throw away" but basically true.

when is our club going appoint people on the back of their "ability" not on their "nepotism"

would Steve Stride be doing a worse job than Faulkner?..... would Steve Stride have known where to go for a manager?

Sadly, beginning to agree.

I agree, though I do think that there are some managers who would do a better job. It's true that Lambert has had to work to a lot of constraints, and I can even accept the fact that not all signings work out and with his budget it's tough to find quality.

What I cannot accept is the fact that he has failed to bring in players of certain positions that we desperately need, that he is tactically inept and doesn't change things when something has continually not worked, and makes some of the most bizarre substitutions I've ever seen. Some of the decisions he makes just make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

There's a better manager with PL experience out there now. I really believe we should go get him. I like to give managers the benefit of the doubt and to give them time, I just can't see Lambert doing it when he's had plenty of opportunities to change things here and there and hasn't done so, making the same mistakes over and over again.

Â