Could any manager do better.

foreveryoung

There is mixed Opinion on weather Lambert is doing the best job possible with view to the Budget he has. Personally I don't think he is doing a great job, tactics seem awful and I don't agree he is a good motivator of late. In the end he took on this role saying he could develop and start playing great entertaining football. Surely there are other managers who on our budget could do a better job.

Don't think so. He's doing the best he can imo. Yes he makes mistakes, but it's such a shame that the owner is not giving him much room to help us push on. He's basically having to do the same rebuilding job he had to do at Norwich but while being in the PL. It's sad.

• Like 1

Don't think so. He's doing the best he can imo. Yes he makes mistakes, but it's such a shame that the owner is not giving him much room to help us push on. He's basically having to do the same rebuilding job he had to do at Norwich but while being in the PL. It's sad.

Good way of putting it.

Well, I have been a supporter of him all this time. I find a lot of the stuff he does infuriating, like bowery today for example.

There are so many managers that could do a lot worse here I think, but that this is as good as it gets? No, I seriously doubt that. I feel it is very unfair, he works on a shoestring and had to build up a squad in under two seasons, that is quite a challenge. He has also been let down by several players this season.

A change in manager will not change the budget, it`s still only a 1-2million player that will come in this january with a wage of 10k. But yes, the last couple of matches have been worse then I expected, both on the field and result wise. 

It`s so weird, we opened so good this season and right now it looks different. 

• Like 2

I can't really see how but at the same time Lambert frustrates the hell out of me.

But his signings have been pretty dire. But could anyone do better with no budget and no wages? Who knows.

We all know that the answer is investment from the chairman.

Will Lambert take us down? Probably not. Would another manager? Probably not. Would another manager finish higher than Lambert? Probably not.

Edited by Spoony

Well if changing managers is not going to "improve much if anything" then it cant do a lot of damage in sacking him can it.

We would lose a bunch of money in paying him off, we'd unsettle the players that he signed, we'd be starting from scratch midway through a season, etc etc etc. It'd do a hell of a lot more damage than good.

Yeah he is doing ok - bit disappointed that for the 2nd season running we have been de railed by an injury to our only senior CB - think a lot managers would have covered that. Equally though that may not do as well in other areas. Until we pay premiership fee's and wages this is the best we can hope for. We play in the prem, we have a prem staduim, get good prem attendances - but we are funded like a championship club and are with one or two exceptions watching championship players... 

• Like 1

Â