Could any manager do better.

foreveryoung

The issue with Hoddle is imo he'd be too similar to Houllier.

Someone who's been out of the premier league for a long time, someone who has an awkward personality so would fall out with players and if he did o.k it wouldn't take long for the press to start linking him with a spiritual return to Spurs. He's not been a success everywhere remember, ask a Wolves fan about him.

I think a realistic candidate would be someone like Ralf Ragnick. He's been linked to the prem for the last two years and has done well at Schalke (champions league semi in 2011) and Hoffenheim.

Failing that, it's the usual merry go round of premier league managers. I'd be o.k with Di Matteo out of all of them.

Of course some other manager would do better but other than Wenger who is obvious I couldn't tell you 100% sure who. I quite like what Lambert has done by enlarge and we should just see it out, I doubt we will go down and those high earners are still leaving making the situation better for us year on year.

You don't get points for reducing your wage bill, you get points for winning games of football.

"by enlarge" :o

I think the short answer to this is a yes.

PL hasn't had the financial backing we all hope he would, but he has made a lot of errors and questionable choices.

I believe it's possible to get more out of these mediocre players. At least enough to stay in Premier.

Most noticeable has been his handling of Benteke, which affects the whole team and is the reason why we don't score at all any more. Now, I don't know what's happened, but somehow Lambert has been able to nullify Benteke's production and effect on the game overall. This in turn has led to guys like Weimann to blunder, I believe.

Get rid I say, and quick.

Hoddle was last at Wolves in 2005/06. He spent 1.2m on a 32 year old Polish striker called Frankwoski who never scored and despite being heavily tipped Wolves didn't even make the play offs that season.

His Spurs record from 2001-2003 wasn't that great either was it? What was the highest in the league they finished in that spell?

Nope. We need to stick together until to the end of the season.[/quot

..no thanks, where are the lifeboats ?

We will go down under a new manager without the correct funding. Lambert must stay and turn it around this season.

• Like 2

Nope. We need to stick together until to the end of the season.

Why? Lambert is not good enough to be manager of Aston Villa.

Who would come in the same circumstances with very little money to play with. I would rather have Lambert see it through this season and make a proper assessment in the summer.

This isn't a knock mate it really isn't, but are you of the opinion that we should stick with him all year no matter what? Say our terrible run continues and we find ourselves in the bottom 3?

I've been patient with lambert because I've understood the horrible financial restrictions that have been placed upon him, but these are his players now and though his backing has been poor he doesn't seem to be getting the best out of them. Relegation would be disastrous for this this football club and if removing the manager could/might help avoid that I'm all for it.

When a team has 60% possession at home to a possibly the worst outfit in the league and can't muster a half decent chance something is seriously wrong.

Who would come in the same circumstances with very little money to play with. I would rather have Lambert see it through this season and make a proper assessment in the summer.

What so he can sign 5 tryhards not good enough for the premierleague in the summer?

Needs to go

How do you know what funds are available?   Lambert isn't even getting the basics right at the moment, and there isn't a single player benefitting from his management currently.

Â